Why does my phone always turn on in my pocket?

metrov

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Phone Always Turns on in Pocket

I LOVE my Galaxy S5 except for one tiny problem: I usually keep the phone in my left front pants pocket. I don't wear tight pants or anything, but the phone is always turning on INSIDE my pocket, especially if I bend over or bend my leg getting out of my car or something. I've never had this problem with a phone before. I use the lock screen, so you wouldn't think this could happen but it does. I found a setting that allows you to INCREASE the phone's touch sensitivity, but not a way to DECREASE the sensitivity. Is there a way to prevent phone from turning on like this? (by "turning on" I mean the lock screen goes away, and things start beeping, and apps start opening every time I take a step.) Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone Always Turns on in Pocket

I LOVE my Galaxy S5 except for one tiny problem: I usually keep the phone in my left front pants pocket. I don't wear tight pants or anything, but the phone is always turning on INSIDE my pocket, especially if I bend over or bend my leg getting out of my car or something. I've never had this problem with a phone before. I use the lock screen, so you wouldn't think this could happen but it does. I found a setting that allows you to INCREASE the phone's touch sensitivity, but not a way to DECREASE the sensitivity. Is there a way to prevent phone from turning on like this? (by "turning on" I mean the lock screen goes away, and things start beeping, and apps start opening every time I take a step.) Thanks!

Are you using any kind of bluetooth device that has a smart lock function?