Galaxy s5 wifi problem

jacko_seven

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone
i have galaxy s5 g900h
wifi connection isnt fast as in laptop or pc or old smart phone its slow play store icons are hidden
i tried so many solutions all of them
are non permanently nothing going for last
changed dns worked at first then back again
remove ipv6 from my router dosent help me
i have huawei hg521n router
is there any help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the wifi setup in the router. If the encryption is TKIP or TKIP+AES, turn off encryption temporarily (IOW an open router, no password), "forget" the connection in the phone and connect again.

If that solves the problem, and you don't want to run an open router, change the encryption to AES and see if the phone works that way. (Forget the connection, then connect, so it's not trying to connect to an unencrypted connection, which is what it "remembers" from before.)

Depending on the router, that may still not fix the problem - Linksys still runs VERY slowly with Android, even with AES (VERY slow meaning about half an hour to download a small jpg file). My solution was a $40 Netgear WNR2000. Normally I wouldn't buy Netgear - I consider it "2nd level" in home equipment, but it's cheap and I get almost the same speed on my phone as I do on my desktop (and I think the difference is due to the ROM in my phone being a bit slow doing wifi).

jacko_seven

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I trid to forget network many times
tried to work on open network with no privacy not work
At first router WPA encryption was AES that was so slow
now i work on tkip+AES it was fine at first then now back slow again
and i tried change dns it was work now not
will i change that router . But in the same time router work great with laptop and pc
if i change it what type i have to buy??