Samsung Galaxy S5 strange camera problem.

fairbrsa

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Im new here to the forum so im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place.

Having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S5 camera. When i go to take a picture it cannot focus on anything and it sees multiples of the picture. Not exactly sure how to describe it but i have posted 2 pictures taken from my phone displaying this issue. I have tried factory resetting it, it is not a rooted phone. Im not too sure what to do.
any help would my much appreciated :)

thanks, Sam

20150629_160223.jpg20150629_160132.jpg

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is the general forum for the Galaxy S5, so YES (!!!) you are exactly in the right place.

How long have you had your Galaxy S5? Has the problem just started, or has it always been like this? This is not normal, and looks like the phone might be damaged. If it just started happening, did something happen to the phone? A lot of people think that the Galaxy S5 is waterproof and take it in the pool. It is NOT waterproof, only water-resistant (meaning if you get caught in the rain you're ok - if you take it in the pool, it's going to fail).

A little more information on when this started happening, and if you EVER got good pictures will be a great start!

fairbrsa

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi can3gxw,

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I have had my Galaxy S5 since around September 2014. This problem started about 2 or 3 months back. I didn't mind at the time as i wasn't taking many pictures, but now that i do i am looking to fix the problem. I believe it may be a software issue as when i take a picture the image goes strange (as seen attached) but when record a video the image is fine. The problem is only when i take pictures. Pretty sure that it hasn't had any water damage done to it as i haven't really taken it out in the rain or exposed it to any water.

Thank you for your reply and again any help is much appreciated :)

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the stock camera (the one that came installed), the easiest way to figure out if it's software based is to try another camera. Try downloading the Google Camera and take a few pictures. See what they look like.

You can get the Google camera here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

You can also try wiping the system cache on your phone (won't affect any apps) and see if that clears things up. If those all still leave you with terrible photos, I would suggest sending your phone in for service while it's still under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non