Google photos problem

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
import photos into Google photos.

How do I import photos into Google photos that I received via email, or any other source. Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to add a photo included as an attachment in an email, to GOOGLE PHOTOS. I click on the attached photo, then select the SHARE command from the options menu. The procedure seems to work at that point. However, when I go to GOOGLE PHOTOS, the photo is nowhere to be found. Where is it and why isn't it in GOOGLE PHOTOS? Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?
BTW, my question posted in feedback has gone unanswered.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would download the attached photo first (or save to device). Then go to your Gallery app, select the photo, tap Share, and then Upload to Photos.

If you have Google Photos Autobackup turned on, then the photo might have already uploaded to Google Photos, depending on if the folder you downloaded it to is set to auto backup. Open the Photos app, swipe in from the left, and tap Device Folders. Look for the folder where the downloaded photo is, and see if the cloud icon is blue. If it isn't, tapping the cloud will turn on autobackup for that folder.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would download the attached photo first (or save to device). Then go to your Gallery app, select the photo, tap Share, and then Upload to Photos.

If you have Google Photos Autobackup turned on, then the photo might have already uploaded to Google Photos, depending on if the folder you downloaded it to is set to auto backup. Open the Photos app, swipe in from the left, and tap Device Folders. Look for the folder where the downloaded photo is, and see if the cloud icon is blue. If it isn't, tapping the cloud will turn on autobackup for that folder.

Thanks. My problem is that the photo part of an attachment. I have 2 options from that point. They are SAVE TO DOWNLOADS, and SHARE. When I select SHARE, it looks like it should be in the Google Photos under the list of photos. It's not there, nor anywhere else in Google Photos. If I select SAVE TO DOWNLOADS, it is there but when I select SHARE, there's no option to share to Google Photos. I'm really getting frustrated. It should be a simple method to move the photo but I can't find it usually your solutions are simple and easy for me to follow. This has me stumped. Thanks for your patience.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you select Share, what's the exact option that it gives for Google Photos? Does it say "Upload to Google Photos"? Or are you sharing it via Google+?

If you save it to Downloads, then open the Gallery app. Do you see that photo in the Gallery app? If not, make sure there isn't a ".nomedia" file in the Downloads directory. If you do see it in the Gallery app, tap it to make it fullscreen, then tap Share, and see if you have an option to Upload to Google Photos.

Do you have the Google Photos app installed? The Upload to Google Photos option might require that you have the app installed.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When you select Share, what's the exact option that it gives for Google Photos? Does it say "Upload to Google Photos"? Or are you sharing it via Google+?

Answer :
Keep in mind this is a photo that was included as an attachment in an email.

After clicking on the photo, I get two options. One is share, the other is save to downloads.

Question :
If you save it to Downloads, then open the Gallery app. Do you see that photo in the Gallery app? If not, make sure there isn't a ".nomedia" file in the Downloads directory. If you do see it in the Gallery app, tap it to make it fullscreen, then tap Share, and see if you have an option to Upload to Google Photos.

Answer ;
It is not in the GALLERY. I can't find any NOMEDIA file. Google Photos is installed.

Thanks for your help and patience again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand that the photo is an attachment--but you still have a Share option. What options are listed when you tap Share? What can you share to?

If you save the photo to the device, can you find it in a directory when you use My Files?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I understand that the photo is an attachment--but you still have a Share option. What options are listed when you tap Share? What can you share to?

If you save the photo to the device, can you find it in a directory when you use My Files?

After I click on SHARE, the next screen offers many choices to Share to, but GOOGLE PHOTOS is not one of them. Any other suggestions?

BTW, I use the SAVE TO DOWNLOAD, the file gets downloaded and I can move it into Google photos. It's the SHARE command I'm trying to get to work correctly.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Move photos from Picasso to Google Photos on Android

My wife has a ton of photos in Picasso on her PC I want to move them to my samsung galaxy s5. What's the easiest and fastest way to do that. Thanks

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
After I click on SHARE, the next screen offers many choices to Share to, but GOOGLE PHOTOS is not one of them. Any other suggestions?

BTW, I use the SAVE TO DOWNLOAD, the file gets downloaded and I can move it into Google photos. It's the SHARE command I'm trying to get to work correctly.

You can't share a photo with Google Photos. Google Photos is a backup service (cloud storage) you can upload to Google Photos but not share.

As B. Diddy mentioned above, do you have the correct app installed? recently Google rolled out a new Photos app, but you physically need to go and download it, it doesn't come in the form of an update.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok, one other thing I asked before--do you have the Google Photos app installed?

Yes I do. I installed it when it was first released over 1 month ago. I love the program except that the problem I described apparently is a bug.
To repeat the problem, when I receive a photo attached to an email, getting it into GOOGLE PHOTOS via the SHARE option, doesn't work. It appears to work but when I look for it, it's nowhere to be found. I hope I've answered your questions properly. Thanks for hanging in there for me. You seem determined to find the answer, if there is one. Thanks for your help and patience.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Drive and Google photos

I had a problem with Google Photos and lost many photos. They are however, in Google Photos in Google Drive. How do I move them into Google photos? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Details of photos

I used to be able to view the details of a photo. I can't find it in GOOGLE PHOTOS. Am I doing something wrong or has the feature been removed? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Details of Google photos

I used to be able to view the details of a photo. I can't find it in GOOGLE PHOTOS. Am I doing something wrong or has the feature been removed? Thanks.A

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Details of Google photos

On the phone app? You don't see the "i" at the bottom?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437594643847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437594643847.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 7
  • uploadfromtaptalk1437594651475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437594651475.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

No. I don't have the info symbol. I have the ability in the GALLERY, but not in Google Photos. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Woops. I missed it. Just saw the info icon. Dumb me. Thanks for your help.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Drive and Google photos

Please ignore the previous post. I just want to copy the photos in Google Drive to Google Photos. Thanks