Galaxy S5 2.4GHZ Wifi Issues

Will Tavares

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey there.

I just bought a new Archer C9 router, and it's not working for a GS5 I have in the house. I am saving the 5GHZ for more high-performance/data devices such as my PC. Anyways, I can connect to it all fine, but I am getting EXTREME packet loss and I can load some webpages but not most apps. It works fine on all other devices.

I turned off data, checked settings, but it's a family member's phone and I'm not too familiar with Samsung devices.

Any suggestions?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
It's very possible you have a signal interference problem. You need to determine the best setup for your situation and configure the router and phone accordingly. To find the best setup try using WiFi Overview 360. The free version is probably all you need but the Pro version is cheap.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=de.android.wifioverviewpro&token=q6B9pHM2

Give the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands different SSID names. Makes it easy to tell them apart. When setting up the 5GHz band usually it's best to set the router to use a channel well over 100. Over 150 if there's a clear channel. For both bands of course use channels with the least interference and best signal as indicated by WiFi Overview 360.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Will Tavares

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I already ensured no interference, but thank you for your reply.

I solved my problem by assigning a static IP (technically reserved a DCHP address) to the MAC address on the phone. Apparently GS5's and my DCHP service don't get along.