Birthdays missing

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Why don't birthdays automatically show in Google Calendar? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Uh, you have to put them there first?

They're already there in my contacts. There's a field in contacts for birthday. I thought that's where Google Calendar got the date to be inserted birthdays automatically.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
They're already there in my contacts. There's a field in contacts for birthday. I thought that's where Google Calendar got the date to be inserted birthdays automatically.

Ah, I see. Apparently not. I have just put birthdays in my Google calendar and ignored the field in Contacts.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I see. Apparently not. I have just put birthdays in my Google calendar and ignored the field in Contacts.

I'm using a smartphone. I don't see any way to add birthdays into Google Calendar unless I add them as a recurring event. Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you enabled, "Birthdays", to be shown in your Google calendar's, Settings > Calendars? If you uncheck, "My calendars", as well, that may get rid of your duplicates problem.

Just add birth date to your Google contact under Event > Birthday, and re-sync your gmail account, which includes Contacts and Calendar, in Settings > Accounts and the birthday will appear in Google calendar.

http://email.about.com/od/googlecal...ail-Contacts-Birthdays-To-Google-Calendar.htm

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you enabled, "Birthdays", to be shown in your Google calendar's, Settings > Calendars? If you uncheck, "My calendars", as well, that may get rid of your duplicates problem.

Just add birth date to your Google contact under Event > Birthday, and re-sync your gmail account, which includes Contacts and Calendar, in Settings > Accounts and the birthday will appear in Google calendar.

http://email.about.com/od/googlecal...ail-Contacts-Birthdays-To-Google-Calendar.htm

I did have a syncing problem with my main Google account reporting a syncing problem but that is resolved. I've followed all your instructions, but apparently I must have missed something. Your instructions were the first that I received that made any sense but the birthdays still do not show up in Google Calendar. Thanks for your help and patience with me.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I did have a syncing problem with my main Google account reporting a syncing problem but that is resolved. I've followed all your instructions, but apparently I must have missed something. Your instructions were the first that I received that made any sense but the birthdays still do not show up in Google Calendar. Thanks for your help and patience with me.

Is your Google calendar set to show, "My Birthdays"?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Here's the screenShot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-21-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-21-44.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm already using Google Calendar. I posted my appropriate section screen to highlight my settings.
I noticed something strange in checking to see if any of the suggestions that were offered, worked. Of all the birthdays I entered, my personal birthday showed up. I know the data came from my Contacts. Does that info help anyone?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
To add Birthdays from Google contacts to your Google Calendar. Dummies Guide

1. Using a computer go to calendar.google.com
2. Top Right corner, click on settings/calendar settings.
3. Under Calendar settings click Calendars
4. By Other Calendars, click Browse Interesting Calendars
5. Under Interesting Calendars, select More
6. Subscribe to the Contacts' Birthdays and Events calendar.
7. Return to Calendar, your Contacts' Birthdays should now be appearing.
8. On your phone open the calendar app and go to menu/more/refresh
9. Go to menu/more/calendars and make sure the new CBE calendar is checked.
10. Back to Calendar. The birthdays should now be showing.
11. If they do not appear, try menu/refresh.
12. If they still do not appear go to menu/more/calendars/remove and remove the CBE calendar then menu/more/calendars/add and readd the CBE calendar.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Some of your instructions can be implemented, and some cannot. It may be due to the notice I got by using a smartphone to access a web based application from a smartphone.
In spite of all the help you have provided. I think I'm going to just use the recurring feature of Google Calendar. It's a work around but it will give me what I want. Thanks for your help and patience with this dummy.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Some of your instructions can be implemented, and some cannot. It may be due to the notice I got by using a smartphone to access a web based application from a smartphone.
In spite of all the help you have provided. I think I'm going to just use the recurring feature of Google Calendar. It's a work around but it will give me what I want. Thanks for your help and patience with this dummy.

Most of your problems seem to stem from your lack of use of a computer. Boot your missus of it and sort yourself out on Birthdays. You only need to do it the once.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You're right. Trying to get use of the laptop from her, would start WW 3. Believe it or not, the laptop was mine before my Stroke. She never used it until I taught her all knows. The issue of the birthdays can be worked around. For the most part, she's a good woman. Believe me, when she gets in trouble, she'll plead with me to help her. Long story, best told later. Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll finish eating crow later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87