Can I buy a unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 in China and use it in Greece?

stcrew

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
samsung galaxy s5 unlocked model.

i want a new phone and i would like to get the galaxy s5. My question can i buy n unlocked model of it, the g900p from China and use it in Greece? My network is Cosmote. i use 2g.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 unlocked model.

i want a new phone and i would like to get the galaxy s5. My question can i buy n unlocked model of it, the g900p from China and use it in Greece? My network is Cosmote. i use 2g.

Hello and welcome to Android Central stcrew!

The answer is... it depends.

There are 5 different models of Galaxy S5 issued for China and the different Chinese networks. See #1.5 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Therefore, the answer depends on which model you intend purchasing and which of the 3 main Greek networks you intend using it on, Cosmote, Vodafone or Wind... although these 3 should conform to European standards.

For instance... the Chinese G9006V model is not compatible with the 4G/LTE European networks. This could well be a problem with all the Chinese model AFAIK. You can check them out at... Will My Phone Work? which lists some of the Chinese variants. Be aware that the Chinese models do not come with Google apps installed. Also, warranty repairs,outside of China, could prove difficult.

Last edited:

stcrew

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Oh , i am a user of Cosmote's Nework and the model i want to buy is the g900p in the unlocked version of course. Because i am a really big noob abou the different (network) bands could you please say to me if the g900p (unlocked) will work in my country. It would meant a lot :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Oh , i am a user of Cosmote's Nework and the model i want to buy is the g900p in the unlocked version of course. Because i am a really big noob abou the different (network) bands could you please say to me if the g900p (unlocked) will work in my country. It would meant a lot :)

The G900P model is not even Chinese! It is the U.S. carrier minority variant for the Sprint CDMA network. This will definitely not work on 4G/LTE for Cosmote.

Strange, a Sprint phone being sold unlocked in China. See, also, Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide

Last edited: