So this is now happening its been about a year that ive had the phone, its still running 4.4.2 touchwiz and is rooted with xposed installed.

I have had freezes randomly before but now im having actual freezing and unresponsive software problems

Sometimes the phone completely freezes and goes unresponsive inside of an app, sometimes on the homescreen i get a popup saying touchwiz home isnt responding, sometimes the phone freezes and then 2 mins later sits on a black screen.

Ive cleared the touchwiz data and cache and its still not fixed, im not sure what else to do

Does anyone know what else i can try? This is worrying to me and need this to be fixed before tommorow morning

Ofcourse factory restore is an option however id like it to be an absolute last resort
    01-13-2016 06:57 PM
    Have you tried clearing the partition cache?
    01-13-2016 07:15 PM
    Have you tried clearing the partition cache?
    Yes i have tried that, the phone still freezes regularly

I think a factory restore is looking like the best option at this point
    01-13-2016 07:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue and have pin pointed it to being a memory card issue. I backed up the card and wiped it. Everything seems to be fine. I reloaded the data and the problem persists. Not sure which file is causing the issue, but it's been driving me crazy for hours. Taking out the external sd leaves the phone running fine.

I also cleared the cache partition, moved apps from the external storage to device, deleted apps that I suspected to be the problem, cleared app cache and the problem still occurred before singling out the memory card.

If anyone knows of an easy way to pin point the root cause without wiping everything out that would be great.
    01-13-2016 09:57 PM
    ::update::

Moving all of the apps from external to system device and rebooting just so happened to work...for now still keeping an eye on it
    01-13-2016 10:16 PM