What is this button that disables the touch screen ability??

A

AC Question

Since I've recently updated the software on my GS5, this floating button has appeared on my home screen. It looks like a phone, with some markings on it and little waves coming off the top. I pushed it to see what would happen and my whole screen (besides a sliver at the top) darkened a shade and was totally unresponsive to any touch. I had to take the case off my phone and remove the battery to get it to turn off so I could restart my phone and begin using it again.

Does anyone know what this button is/does/is supposed to do and how I can regain control of my phone if I accidentally press it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's a known issue affecting many users. The culprit is an app called Peel Smart Remote, search for it in your app manager and disable it.

postrelational

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
On Android 6, press the power button down. it will show Power Off / Airplane mode / restart. None of these respond, but if you hold the power button down for 10 second, it shows a message that says "To restart your phone, press and hold the power off and volume up button for 10 seconds".

After reboot, go into setting and disable Peel Remote, then go to Google Play and let them know what you think about their app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays