Verizon Galaxy S5 GPS Not Working

trevormcclellan

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I know there are already some threads about this, but i tried all the suggestions in those and nothing worked. The problem is that the GPS doesn't work quite right. For example, when I try to use google maps, it successfully locates me, but when I try to navigate somewhere it just says "searching for gps" and then never moves. I have tried changing location settings, resetting the A-GPS data, and clearing the cache partition. Is there anything else I can try or is it a hardware problem? By the way, it is a "certified" used galaxy s5 that I got from verizon (SM-G900V). I got the phone about a week ago, but I hadn't tried using gps until recently. As far as I know, it has never worked since I have had the phone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I know there are already some threads about this, but i tried all the suggestions in those and nothing worked. The problem is that the GPS doesn't work quite right. For example, when I try to use google maps, it successfully locates me, but when I try to navigate somewhere it just says "searching for gps" and then never moves. I have tried changing location settings, resetting the A-GPS data, and clearing the cache partition. Is there anything else I can try or is it a hardware problem? By the way, it is a "certified" used galaxy s5 that I got from verizon (SM-G900V). I got the phone about a week ago, but I hadn't tried using gps until recently. As far as I know, it has never worked since I have had the phone.

It could simply be your area, it's possible you aren't able to hit a lot of Satellites. Grab this app from the PlayStore and see how many Sats you are actually connecting it

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en&token=2CNLk6Rb

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It could possibly be a refurbished unit that you got with a broken GPS antenna....? If you have your location settings set to "HIGH", this will use the towers AND the GPS antenna to get your location. Using the app above, or this one

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en&token=FlB01pAh

Will use the actual GPS and should come back with the number of satellites that it has locked onto. Make sure that you're out in the open with a clear view of the sky when running this test.

Please report back and let us know how you make out.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It could possibly be a refurbished unit that you got with a broken GPS antenna....? If you have your location settings set to "HIGH", this will use the towers AND the GPS antenna to get your location. Using the app above, or this one

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en&token=jq8ytXHQ

Will use the actual GPS and should come back with the number of satellites that it has locked onto. Make sure that you're out in the open with a clear view of the sky when running this test.

Please report back and let us know how you make out.

I hear an echo

trevormcclellan

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Screenshot_2016-06-14-15-32-51[1].jpgScreenshot_2016-06-15-21-23-52[1].jpg
Here are screenshots from the two apps. I'm starting to think it is a hardware problem. In the second app, it just says "Looking for GPS location" and never loads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non