Can't delete apps only disable

park3d

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I have uninstalled apps many times on my galaxy s5. Today I factory reset it (and removed the sim card) and there are still apps on it that i didn't think should be on there like Amazon, and NFL Mobile. I tried to uninstall them but I am only getting the option to disable them. That is fine but they are still taking up space.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. Unfortunately, if you have a carrier branded phone, such as one from AT&T or Verizon, the carriers add those apps. The only way to remove the apps completely is to root your device, but root may not even be available for AT&T or Verizon ROMs. There are also other things that could go wrong if you attempt to root, and you may void your warranty. Those apps don't take up a huge amount of space, so disabling them should be sufficient.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That's called bloatware... Buying unlocked devices eliminates the carrier bloat but the manufacturer will have their own... As Laura said, I wouldn't root, that could end in tears.

park3d

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, for the responses. I didn't realize those specific apps were system apps. I did finally realize that other apps were removable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress