Pictures in Gallery have mountain and I can't view

TattedRatJenn22

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
For the past several months, I have noticed that it's becoming increasingly more difficult to ever view my pictures in my gallery because they won't show up at all. Instead all I see are a bunch of squares in place of the pictures that are grey with what appears to be mountains with a grey dot. When I tap on the picture to attempt to view it, it goes to where I should be able to view it, but the screen itself if just all black. If I restart my phone, it sometimes works then, but usually not for very long. I have a micro sd card that I purchased directly through Verizon (my carrier), so I am not sure it's corrupted? What can I do so this doesn't happen?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
For the past several months, I have noticed that it's becoming increasingly more difficult to ever view my pictures in my gallery because they won't show up at all. Instead all I see are a bunch of squares in place of the pictures that are grey with what appears to be mountains with a grey dot. When I tap on the picture to attempt to view it, it goes to where I should be able to view it, but the screen itself if just all black. If I restart my phone, it sometimes works then, but usually not for very long. I have a micro sd card that I purchased directly through Verizon (my carrier), so I am not sure it's corrupted? What can I do so this doesn't happen?

Hello and welcome to Android Central TattedRatJenn22!

You can check out your SD card by downloading SD Insight, free from the Google Play Store.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Essentially it checks and verifies your sd card. If the card works in other devices, I'd back up any files on it before you lose them altogether.
Try gently cleaning the contacts on the card, maybe just a connection issue. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa