Weird Time issue on the S6 Active.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an app called DoseCast. Basically you can set up reminders for to take medications at certain times. Say I have it set for 2pm. Well 2pm comes and goes. About 2:05 I unlock my phone only to see the time on the phone say 1:50pm for a millisecond and then the time instantly changes to the correct time, the alarm for the app goes off.
So it seems like the phone itself is not keeping track of the time while the phone is sleeping, unless it updates the time every 'x' amount of minutes. Anyone else notice this when waking the phone up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the time (in Settings/General/Date and time is set to automatic, and that the phone is connected to a network. If it still happens, it's under warranty - have it fixed or replaced.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I also have the other issue with Gmail where notifications don't come across instantly either. Since others have the same problem it isn't a phone issue.
Mine is set to automatically update day/time/zone.
Let it sleep for a while and wake it up and check the home screen time. Sometimes it is just off and changes in a millisecond. You need to really look for it.

Not uncommon...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...cations-not-working-when-screen-sleeping.html

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the time issue on the stock clock widget and timer app on my S5 Active. When you first unlock the phone it briefly shows the time from the last time you had the phone unlocked and very quickly updated it in about a fraction of a second. But this does not affect any alarms or notifications on my phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova Prime and Tesla unread and have no issues with notifications on mine.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active