Samsung S6 Active - Updated to 5.1.1, now call and text message notification vibrations not working. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

Samsung S6 Active - Updated to 5.1.1, now call and text message notification vibrations not working

I updated my Samsung S6 Active to 5.1.1 last week and now my phone seems to treat the vibrate profile as silent. Calls and text message vibrations do not work now. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this? I constantly use the vibrate profile and this is very problematic not having the phone actually vibrate because I am missing notifications a lot now.

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
There are like 3 different places to change settings on this. Mine was doing this and after playing around with it for a while, I got it back going.

leevster916

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Please describe the steps you took because I am still having this issue and don't know how to fix it. At&t and Samsung have been no help to me so far.

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
1. Sounds and notifications/messages notifications/ tick on vibrations
2. Sounds and notifications/Vibrations/tick on vibrations when ringing
3. Sounds and notifications/Vibrations/vibration intensity/ turn way up
4. Under sounds and notifications/app notifications/choose your messaging app and be sure the notifications aren't blocked
5. Open up stock messaging app, touch more, settings, touch notifications, make sure vibration is ticked on
6. Open up the dialer, touch more, settings, make sure vibrate is on
7. Pull down the notification panel, make sure the sound profile button is there and if not add with edit, tough it a couple of times till it's on vibrate

Once all this is set, get someone to send you a text or dial the AT&T view data usage under contacts so it will send you a text message to test. If it's not working still, restart the phone and test again. If it's still not working, I would suspect something else is set on the phone preventing it. Maybe privacy mode or something. Check back and let us know if this worked.

seeking help

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Samsung S6 Active to 5.1.1 last week and now my phone seems to treat the vibrate profile as silent. Calls and text message vibrations do not work now. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this? I constantly use the vibrate profile and this is very problematic not having the phone actually vibrate because I am missing notifications a lot now.

I'm having the exact same problem with my s6 active since the update. I've tried every setting. Nothing seems fix it and it's driving me nuts! Did you find out how to fix it??

leevster916

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, 5.1.1. I found out the issue only occurs when using Power Saving Mode - when I turned off Power Saving Mode and restarted the phone I have not had the problem since. But now my phone dies quicker unfortunately because I cannot use the Power Saving Mode. I believe this is just a flaw of the software update where Power Saving Mode turns off all forms of vibrate rather than just the vibrate feedback. I do not believe there is any way to use Power Saving Mode and Vibrate until they fix this in another update. Very dumb in my opinion.

hanamizi168

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, 5.1.1. I found out the issue only occurs when using Power Saving Mode - when I turned off Power Saving Mode and restarted the phone I have not had the problem since. But now my phone dies quicker unfortunately because I cannot use the Power Saving Mode. I believe this is just a flaw of the software update where Power Saving Mode turns off all forms of vibrate rather than just the vibrate feedback. I do not believe there is any way to use Power Saving Mode and Vibrate until they fix this in another update. Very dumb in my opinion.
If you still have more than 50% juice, you don't need power saving mode. I set power saving mode kick in under 20%, which means my vibration works most of the day.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Good catch!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty