Lockscreen Calendar events? Lockscreen hide content but expand?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, a newbie to android here..

I'm looking for a way or app that lets you put notifications on the main lockscreen for forthcoming calendar events.. say 6 events into the future at once..

Windows phone 10 had lock manager (an app) that let you customize the lockscreen with this type of info..

I'm not seeing an obvious way to do it built in on android?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I tried a few different apps, but none seem to provide a calendar view for coming events over say 6 days or 6 events. Also.. i'm wondering if there is a way to make it so you can still show sms content on the lockscreen, but have it hidden unless you press a pull down to view the actual message (on the lockscreen).. similar to how windows phone 10 is?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried a few different apps, but none seem to provide a calendar view for coming events over say 6 days or 6 events. Also.. i'm wondering if there is a way to make it so you can still show sms content on the lockscreen, but have it hidden unless you press a pull down to view the actual message (on the lockscreen).. similar to how windows phone 10 is?

I replied to your other thread in regards to your SMS question.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, a newbie to android here..

I'm looking for a way or app that lets you put notifications on the main lockscreen for forthcoming calendar events.. say 6 events into the future at once..

Windows phone 10 had lock manager (an app) that let you customize the lockscreen with this type of info..

I'm not seeing an obvious way to do it built in on android?

Thanks in advance

I am trying to help here but confused by your question. Maybe you could elaborate please? I am not familiar with Windows 10 phones.

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I replied to your other thread in regards to your SMS question.

Well, in terms of hiding the content.. i really didnt mean using that option to physically hide the content from being viewed in any way on the lockscreen.. i meant that at least with win phone 10, when you get an sms text, it will show that you have a new text but not have the full thing in view on the lockscreen.. you stay on the lockscreen but can hit a down arrow to the right to "pull the shade down" to view the rest of the message but yet keep the phone locked. As much as i grew frustrated with win 10 mobile, mainly due to probable firmware issues.. this and voice responding to text messages is one thing they did well.

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to help here but confused by your question. Maybe you could elaborate please? I am not familiar with Windows 10 phones.

I want to see a list of events for the next say 14 days, say up to 6 items max, visible on the lockscreen itself.. apparently this was removed from Lolipop, or at least its my understanding. However, i just found an app called "Calendar Notify" that works quite well.

It allows for calendar events to be visible on the pull down shade (unlocked) or the lockscreen (when locked) and can be customized.

My only gripe, and this is a general one to the lockscreen.. is that when you first turn the phone back on, you have the security "draw unlock pattern" taking up all the screen, so you cant see the calendar events without pulling down on the screen from the middle (requiring an extra step), it would be nice if there was a way to make the notifications fill the screen and only when you push a sequence or an unlock button on the screen, does the pin or draw pattern appear.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, in terms of hiding the content.. i really didnt mean using that option to physically hide the content from being viewed in any way on the lockscreen.. i meant that at least with win phone 10, when you get an sms text, it will show that you have a new text but not have the full thing in view on the lockscreen.. you stay on the lockscreen but can hit a down arrow to the right to "pull the shade down" to view the rest of the message but yet keep the phone locked. As much as i grew frustrated with win 10 mobile, mainly due to probable firmware issues.. this and voice responding to text messages is one thing they did well.

Gotcha!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I want to see a list of events for the next say 14 days, say up to 6 items max, visible on the lockscreen itself.. apparently this was removed from Lolipop, or at least its my understanding. However, i just found an app called "Calendar Notify" that works quite well.

It allows for calendar events to be visible on the pull down shade (unlocked) or the lockscreen (when locked) and can be customized.

My only gripe, and this is a general one to the lockscreen.. is that when you first turn the phone back on, you have the security "draw unlock pattern" taking up all the screen, so you cant see the calendar events without pulling down on the screen from the middle (requiring an extra step), it would be nice if there was a way to make the notifications fill the screen and only when you push a sequence or an unlock button on the screen, does the pin or draw pattern appear.

It would be nice if that functionality was standard and not through a 3rd party app.

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
With Android Kitkat and earlier, you could install apps that would display your calendar or other info on the lockscreen. With Lollipop or later, Android removed that feature.

The best I could do was to put a calendar widget on my home screen. Unfortunately, for it to be large enough to display useful info, it's 2x4 (a third of the screen).

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With Android Kitkat and earlier, you could install apps that would display your calendar or other info on the lockscreen. With Lollipop or later, Android removed that feature.

The best I could do was to put a calendar widget on my home screen. Unfortunately, for it to be large enough to display useful info, it's 2x4 (a third of the screen).
Bogus. Why the change with lollipop?

Urup

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress