Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say I love the battery life of my S6 Edge Plus..barely use WiFi and it looks good in the "Screen On Time" department..Happy with my purchase! Hope u guys are too 💃💃💃

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4370.jpg
    4370.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 4371.jpg
    4371.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 306

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My android system is always the number one battery drain on my edge 6 plus. I have tried cache wipes as well, but it's always the issue. I lost 17% today after unplugging my phone and not touching it for almost 3 hours while I slept

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ehhhh my 6 plus worked a little better

Mine didn't unfortunately..I have this s6 edge plus for personal use and a 16gb IPhone 6 plus for work. In the past 3 weeks with the s6 edge plus, it has outperformed my iPhone 6 plus by at least 2-2 1/2 hours overall. I was referred to jailbreaking my 6 plus to tweak a few things, but I just don't wanna tinker with my work phone like that lol.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My android system is always the number one battery drain on my edge 6 plus. I have tried cache wipes as well, but it's always the issue. I lost 17% today after unplugging my phone and not touching it for almost 3 hours while I slept

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I would have to agree with u..the android system is "a bit hungry" when it comes to battery usage. I disabled a few of the included apps after a few days of having this phone and the battery is doing better in my personal observations

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My gs6 edge plus has been a beast on battery life since day one far far better then my regular gs6 edge love this phone

Ankur Yadav1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey. i have the same issue with my S6 edge plus with android system eating up my battery. I also lose 5-7% of battery in just 45-50 mins without touching the phone. Have you found any solutions? Please let me know. Thanks

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Step 1) Package Disabler Pro. This by itself will make a massive difference. More or less doubled my time.

Step 2) Once you've turned off all those inefficient system things, install Nova Prime. Another boost.

Step 3) Package Disabler Pro flags Facebook as a power drain, so turns it off by default. FB itself is just fine, so turn it back on if you want to. ..as long as you turn off checking for updates in the background. THAT will kill you. Just let FB refresh when you open the app.

Step 4) GPS on its own is fine. I also leave on an app called Real Time GPS tracker. It polls GPS and updates my position on the Google map, anywhere between once every 15 seconds and once every 2 minutes depending on whether I'm in motion.

Very cool app, btw. Works even when you don't have WiFi OR mobile data, strictly by GPS, which gets fed directly to a private Google Maps url. A big deal for living in a remote, sometimes hazardous area where i want my wife to always know where I am. Google already knows where all of us are anyway. LOL Virtually zero drain on my system, though.

But the thing that will absolutely kill you is Google location history. Turn that thing off, molto pronto.

Those few small tweaks will make a bigger difference than you can imagine. In addition to GPS, I leave Wi-Fi and mobile data on, and always have my screen to full brightness, NEVER auto lol I want to see that thing as bright as it can be.

But with those few things taken care of I couldn't be more pleased with the battery life. And of course thrilled by how quickly it charges, even with a standard charger.

Day-yum I love this phone!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey. i have the same issue with my S6 edge plus with android system eating up my battery. I also lose 5-7% of battery in just 45-50 mins without touching the phone. Have you found any solutions? Please let me know. Thanks

Had it too.. it's a problem with the Android software and nothing to do with Samsung .

Anyway tried everything and what worked for me is a factory reset. I suggest you do the same!

I'm back to 5-6 hrs of sot

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Had it too.. it's a problem with the Android software and nothing to do with Samsung .

Anyway tried everything and what worked for me is a factory reset. I suggest you do the same!

I'm back to 5-6 hrs of sot

Just haven't done the whole FDR thing yet. Don't really want to mess with it, but I guess I'll be doing it soon.