So, My Edge+ fell 60ft onto Concrete

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
But my baby survived! No scratches or anything and it even fell face first after the edge hit. Had a spigen(ultra thin clear) on it. So, I say I made a good purchase. 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well you've convinced me. I have that as one of three cases I've got for it, so I'm guessing that's the one I should keep on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine the other day (one day before my Spigen case showed up) out of my pocket. It fell face down with a clatter on to granite tiles.

I pooped myself a little before I picked it up.

NOT. ONE. SINGLE. MARK. ANYWHERE.

Crazy.

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, not trying to offend just looking at this factually; 60 feet, that would be about a 6 story building.
Drop just about anything from that height on to concrete and logic would lead one to believe that damage would occur (even if it is just a scratch).
You said that there is not one scratch, you didn't say it broke or quit working. I would venture to say that dropping the Edge Plus or any smartphone on to concrete from even 10ft. would at the very least "scratch" it.
https://youtu.be/saSC08bH3So

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not a 6 story building guy, haha.😆 Not sure where that logic came from, but I really don't have anything to prove to you guys. I just thought I'd share something that happened to me while at work and again, (albeit thin) it did have a case on it as stated in the OP. Later.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I said, 60ft is about as high as a 6 story building. The average story is about 10ft, that's where I got my logic (look it up) .
Do you know how high 60 feet is? Or did you mean 6ft?

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes, because 6ft is quite the drop now isn't it? Stop commenting please, before I report ya.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Please report me.
You are the one coming on to this forum and telling people that your phone survived a 60ft. drop on to concrete with no case, and it did not leave a scratch. Yet, you don't seem to know what 60ft is?? Not to mention the video I attached earlier shows that the Edge Plus will get scratched even from a 4ft. drop.
Dude, your phone would have been demolished into a thousand pieces at 60ft on to concrete.

https://youtu.be/34H6Q1aQcHc

Oh yes, because 6ft is quite the drop now isn't it? Stop commenting please, before I report ya.

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
"and again, (albeit thin) it did have a case on it as stated in the OP."
Reported

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is a vid showing drop tests at 50 ft on to concrete. All of the cases tested are better than your thin Spigen clear case.
Watch it (the whole vid), see what 50 feet looks like and add 10 more feet. Your phone would have been traveling at approx. 32mph+ (more physics) when it hit the concrete.
A smartphone (any smartphone) with a good case will not survive a 60ft. drop.
https://youtu.be/qmH1gCBqGB8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana