So, My Edge+ fell 60ft onto Concrete

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind what he said, that the phone edge, which is completely covered by the case, took the primary impact, finally ending up on its face. The drop tests you see online never have the phone covered.

Posted via the Android Central App

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind what he said, that the phone edge, which is completely covered by the case, took the primary impact, finally ending up on its face. The drop tests you see online never have the phone covered.

Thank you. People do not like to read apparently. Lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Look, I own the phone and think the world of it but this Fanboy BS is really getting out of hand when you dispute simple logic, common sense and physics..
Take a hard look at all the videos, they landed in a variety of ways and on different portions of the phone.
Ever look out a 6 story window...60 feet folks.....really? Not surviving a 60 foot drop does not make your phone less of a phone, no phone would survive it unscathed.

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, it did, get over it already and go to work or something. I'm happy it survived and for goodness sakes, I'll make sure to not share anything else here.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, it did, get over it already and go to work or something. I'm happy it survived and for goodness sakes, I'll make sure to not share anything else here.

So you're upset because we don't believe you? 60' with a TPU case on concrete? Nope. Didn't happen.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Look, I own the phone and think the world of it but this Fanboy BS is really getting out of hand when you dispute simple logic, common sense and physics..
Take a hard look at all the videos, they landed in a variety of ways and on different portions of the phone.
Ever look out a 6 story window...60 feet folks.....really? Not surviving a 60 foot drop does not make your phone less of a phone, no phone would survive it unscathed.

The fact that my first instinct is not to disbelieve what somebody post here does not make me a fanboy. You don't know me from Adam, and truthfully, I've always had a lot of disdain for Samsung, though I really like this phone. The original poster is not advising people to go drop their phone from a six story building. He has not even suggested that your phone would survive a similar fall. But you know, even people have survived falls from sky scrapers. The fact that I tend to believe people unless they are proven liars does not make me a fan boy. Especially when we're not talking about something so miraculous. I mean, he's not saying his phone travels through time or is able to magically levitate.

I've had people get really incredulous when I tell them that in five years, I've never scratched a phone screen though I've never used a screen protector. Now that I've posted this here, I suppose I've opened myself up for a lot of skeptics and critics.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, giving some the benefit of the doubt is reasonable provided that there is a hint of plausibility. In this case, a drop from 60ft on concrete with a TPU case with zero damage defies any consideration.
Just because you want to believe it happened does not give the story any more credibility.

The fact that my first instinct is not to disbelieve what somebody post here does not make me a fanboy. You don't know me from Adam, and truthfully, I've always had a lot of disdain for Samsung, though I really like this phone. The original poster is not advising people to go drop their phone from a six story building. He has not even suggested that your phone would survive a similar fall. But you know, even people have survived falls from sky scrapers. The fact that I tend to believe people unless they are proven liars does not make me a fan boy. Especially when we're not talking about something so miraculous. I mean, he's not saying his phone travels through time or is able to magically levitate.

I've had people get really incredulous when I tell them that in five years, I've never scratched a phone screen though I've never used a screen protector. Now that I've posted this here, I suppose I've opened myself up for a lot of skeptics and critics.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

There's a big difference in those examples. There's nothing miraculous about successfully managing to not scratch phones in 5 years, or even longer. That just shows meticulous care with your gadgets, of which I'm the same. But even I don't believe this 60-foot drop unscratched survival story. That's like me saying I threw my phone in front of a speeding bus unprotected and it came out unscathed - without a case on it!

It just doesn't add up dude. There are literally thousands of drop-test videos on Youtube that would disagree with this claim. Even rugged phones specially designed for durability would not survive a 60-foot drop unscratched, if they survive at all.

I'm all for survival headlines, but come on, give me something I can believe.

On the other hand, if this was a Nokia 3310... this would be old news.

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, 60 feet on to concrete and not a single scratch seems a bit hard to believe.

Is not hard to believe. Guy dropped a s6 from 9,000 feet using a drone, all it did was break the screen.

So 60 feet with a case and no damage is possible. I say. He got lucky, if it happened again it might not survive.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's consider CREDIBILITY here.
When I referenced a 6 story building in regards to the 60 foot drop his response was:
Definitely not a 6 story building guy, haha.?????? Not sure where that logic came from
Did everyone miss this? Sorry but his response screams, "I do not know how high 60ft is".
Comments?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just took a look at the video, impressive but not the whole story.
First, I agree it did break from 9000 feet.
Second, you say it only broke the screen....looking at it I would say it did a lot more damage than "just broke the screen"
Third, yes it made noise but there was no indication or follow up that the phone "actually works", just him saying after hearing sound "It works, it works still".
Nothing on the screen and no follow up to confirm that the phone was operational. He did mention later that it could possibly repaired....
And lastly, the phone had tape wrapped around it. This may have prevented it from splitting apart at the seems during impact.
https://youtu.be/GcHD4LK86gM

Is not hard to believe. Guy dropped a s6 from 9,000 feet using a drone, all it did was break the screen.

So 60 feet with a case and no damage is possible. I say. He got lucky, if it happened again it might not survive.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just took a look at the video, impressive but not the whole story.
First, I agree it did break from 9000 feet.
Second, you say it only broke the screen....looking at it I would say it did a lot more damage than "just broke the screen"
Third, yes it made noise but there was no indication or follow up that the phone "actually works", just him saying after hearing sound "It works, it works still".
Nothing on the screen and no follow up to confirm that the phone was operational. He did mention later that it could possibly repaired....
And lastly, the phone had tape wrapped around it. This may have prevented it from splitting apart at the seems during impact.
https://youtu.be/GcHD4LK86gM

Terminal Velocity. There's not much difference dropping your phone from 60' as opposed to 900'+

What is the Terminal Velocity of an iPhone? | WIRED

Science ROCKS!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look, attempting to resolve it yourself is not advisable.
Thanks.

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I dropped mine the other day (one day before my Spigen case showed up) out of my pocket. It fell face down with a clatter on to granite tiles.

I pooped myself a little before I picked it up.

NOT. ONE. SINGLE. MARK. ANYWHERE.

Crazy.

How comforting to know! I've actually had nightmares about dropping it! 😃

Sent from my new sexy edgy shiny ❤Galaxxxy S6 edge+❤

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I would say that some people take things too literally and the point of the OP was to state that the case saved the phone from visible damage. I'd take it for that and disregard the measurement stated.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
How comforting to know! I've actually had nightmares about dropping it! 😃

Sent from my new sexy edgy shiny ❤Galaxxxy S6 edge+❤

Lol believe me, I swore up a storm when I heard the clatter and looked down to see my phone lying face down on the granite.

I guess the only saving grace was that it was tile, so it was pretty smooth, and didn't scratch the display.

I have Spigen on it now, so it's a little easier to hold, lol.

Last edited:

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think that's a good point. I don't think he ever meant to imply he took a tape measure and measured the distance. Probably to him it seemed that long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony