weird inconsistencies

James Machiavelli

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Morning all,

So I picked up a edge+ yesterday and I'm wondering if I received a bad unit. First my benchmarks seemed a little off, but some of you let me know that those results can be a little skewed. However now, I've found something else that's off. I ran my IMEI and it gave back some incorrect information. Multiple databases listed it as an galaxy s5 model instead of a Galaxy s6 edge+. Could someone here run their IMEI and see if you get the same results? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
When i 1st bought the phone from att they had trouble activating it from the incorrect imei, it was listed as a tablet.

JDoggMcSquishy86

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Morning all,

So I picked up a edge+ yesterday and I'm wondering if I received a bad unit. First my benchmarks seemed a little off, but some of you let me know that those results can be a little skewed. However now, I've found something else that's off. I ran my IMEI and it gave back some incorrect information. Multiple databases listed it as an galaxy s5 model instead of a Galaxy s6 edge+. Could someone here run their IMEI and see if you get the same results? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

I have an s6, but my imei says it's for a s5. I looked up a couple other things on my dev and my sim is used with s5 and galazy note
.... half the features are blocked as a result ::(