Galaxy S6 edge+ Software Update!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I woke up this morning and got the cursed freeze upon unlocking, seems like the phone when it goes untouched for a long time it enters a deep sleep mode which causes this. It took about 30 seconds for the phone to function right before that no matter what I did it wouldn't register! Damn it!

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I woke up this morning and got the cursed freeze upon unlocking, seems like the phone when it goes untouched for a long time it enters a deep sleep mode which causes this. It took about 30 seconds for the phone to function right before that no matter what I did it wouldn't register! Damn it!

I've noticed that as well! Usually when the phone has been untouched for a while. So problem still there after the update? :/

Posted via the Android Central App

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that as well! Usually when the phone has been untouched for a while. So problem still there after the update? :/

Posted via the Android Central App

yes indeed, and that included a full factory reset and wiping the cache partition. Damn this phone! Expensive $1000 USD phone that freezes! Great!

I swear to God this is my last Samsung phone I get!

I know the issue doesn't happen all the time, but I shouldn't be dealing with this when I paid such a premium.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
yes indeed, and that included a full factory reset and wiping the cache partition. Damn this phone! Expensive $1000 USD phone that freezes! Great!

I swear to God this is my last Samsung phone I get!

I know the issue doesn't happen all the time, but I shouldn't be dealing with this when I paid such a premium.

I understand your frustration - unfortunately, I feel the same way about my iPhone 6S Plus. Ever since I've installed iOS 9.1, the phone's been glowing hot and the battery won't last a day anymore. Took it to apple - they told me it's 'within specs'. So basically, I have a 1000$ paperweight here. Already did full factory reset, set it up as a new phone etc. nothing works and Apple doesn't care.

This doesn't relate to your problem - all I'm trying to say is that you can always get a dud, no matter the manufacturer. Have you talked to Samsung about it?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I understand your frustration - unfortunately, I feel the same way about my iPhone 6S Plus. Ever since I've installed iOS 9.1, the phone's been glowing hot and the battery won't last a day anymore. Took it to apple - they told me it's 'within specs'. So basically, I have a 1000$ paperweight here. Already did full factory reset, set it up as a new phone etc. nothing works and Apple doesn't care.

This doesn't relate to your problem - all I'm trying to say is that you can always get a dud, no matter the manufacturer. Have you talked to Samsung about it?

Whoa! thats even worse than our freezing problem.

I lost all respect for Apple when I had an iPhone 4S that I loved, then it was upgraded to iOS 8 killing its performance completely and there was no way to downgrade so Apple was like trying to force users to get frustrated with their phones and upgrade to the iToy 5 or 5S

No I haven't spoken to Samsung about it because if I take it to the service center, there is no way for me to demonstrate the problem since it happens randomly. Although now after the firmware update it has only happened once unlike before it was happening all the freakin' time.

Secondly, I am sure all they will do is to do a factory reset since they won't be able to reproduce the problem.

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed since the software update my whatsapp messages are randomly delayed. Delayed in the sense that often they only show up once I awaken the phone. I have a feeling it has to do with the new App optimization. It probably puts it to sleep. I would prefer to disable it for Whatsapp, except, Whatsapp isn't listed at all in my list of apps in the optimization section. Even though almost every other app is there.

I am going to turn off the App Optimization and see what difference it makes to my messages and the battery life.