S6 turning off

maverick1211

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi

My s6 edge keeps turning off. I have done 2 factory resets but it still happens. Also gets rather warm as well. It is running android 6 and everything is upto date. I have put it in safe mode and keeps doing it. It can happen 4.6 tomes a day. You can just be watching a you tube video or just browsing facebook and it will juat go off.

Can anyone give me any pointers please?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it happens when the phone is doing something 'intensive', then it's probably because the processor is getting too hot (you'd feel it, though, as the phone would get VERY warm/hot).

Or it's the battery that's beginning to fail (and this is the most likely scenario). Unfortunately with the S6 you can't test this theory unless someone opens up your phone and exchanges the built-in battery pack. You can try to see if this is the case if you leave your phone connected to power and seeing if it still turns itself off.

Also, is it turning off or rebooting? If rebooting, check the apps you've installed. I believe the newest updates for Samsung phones don't play nice with some sideloaded apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez