Case or Naked

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I plan on ordering the green Edge and because it has such a beautiful color back, I really don't want to cover it up. I am trying to decide whether or not to not to use a case or maybe a clear one. I have never used a clear case before but I am assuming it won't discolor with time.
I was curious what other peoples plans are.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have gone without a case in the past and have lucked out. Seems like every time that I do not have one, I do not drop the phone. I have known some people who go without the case and then they drop it and it breaks.

I was never a fan of a clear case. I always thought that they looked cheap however, I wound up with a UAG which has some transparency on the back and that worked well. There are some cases that are smoke or frost on the back that obscure it a little bit. I find that you have to be careful with the completely clear backs as they tend to be a fingerprint magnet.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I plan on ordering the green Edge and because it has such a beautiful color back, I really don't want to cover it up. I am trying to decide whether or not to not to use a case or maybe a clear one. I have never used a clear case before but I am assuming it won't discolor with time.
I was curious what other peoples plans are.

all clear cases discolor with time ... I'll have a case for the times I really need one, but 95% of the time it'll be naked

Posted via the Android Central App

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to possibly use a hard screen protector for the front and back. Spigen has some already available. However, I also hope someone comes out with a tempered glass screen protector for the front of the edge that covers the curved edges. Gotta believe someone will do it!

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I always just go with a naked phone. I hate compromising weight, thickness or any other features. I try to be mindful whenever handling it and so far ::::knock on wood:::: I've never had any major issues.

I do inevitably fumble now and again and get little dings on the sides, but that doesn't bother me. If you want your phone pristine then yeah you should get a case, but if you have some tolerance for eventual minor imperfections then IMO the benefits of going naked are worth it.

NCzerniak83

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I would prefer to go naked, but I dropped my phone before I got a case and since the Galaxy Note 4 screen and camera are protruding, they scratch easily. So after digging up the edges a little bit, I got a case very quickly. It is the perfect case for my taste. It has a lip so the screen is sunken in, as well as the camera lens. it adds the perfect amount of weight and grip, and all ports and connection holes are easily accessible to all cords, stock and aftermarket. If you have a Galaxy Note 4, I would recommend the case by Caseology on Amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I do drop my phone, so I feel like I need at least a little bit of protection (mostly at the corners), while leaving as much of the appearance of the phone visible as possible. The problem is that I would want one on hand by the time my phone arrives, and without an in-hand feel it's hard to get a sense of what would work best. The official Samsung ones are not shipping yet, so I don't know if they would be ready by the time the phone arrives. In the end I was deciding between the Ringke Flex Crystal View (Galaxy S6 Edge Ringke Flex Crystal View Premium Flexible N Strong TPU Gel Case | eBay), the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Galaxy S6 Clear Case Spigen® Ultra Hybrid 1 Free Back Film Included | eBay), and the Spigen Neo Hybrid CC (Galaxy S6 Clear Bumper Case Spigen® Neo Hybrid CC Bumper Clear Back Cover | eBay). Right now I picked the Ringke because it was cheapest and looked the thinnest. I think later on I might still get the official protective cover (Galaxy S 6 edge Protective Cover, Clear Black Sapphire), and hopefully they will still have the deal where if you register your phone, you get 50% off accessories from their store.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the clear Spigen case and screen protector from Amazon. The case was only $9.99 so even if does discolor it will be cheap to replace. I pre-ordered the pearl white S6 Edge so I did not want a colored case. Along with the added protection I am hoping the case will give the phone a better grip for handling.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It's a beautiful phone. Hard to cover but crazy not to...but hard to cover lol

Posted via the Android Central App

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking naked. I was a lucky one that got theirs today and there is no way I can not put a case on it. Ordered a Spigen today.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I always grab an Armor Suit from Amazon. Basically full body Zagg for a third if the cost. They always do me well in terms of protecting from scratches. I always leave front naked and protect back so I can put down. Not the best protection but seems to do the job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95