No Multi-user Support on AT&T?

James Dement

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I read that multi-user support was supposed to be part of Lollipop, so I was really excited to upgrade from my S5 which was still with Kit Kat. My work uses Outlook 365 and if I use the Outlook OWA enterprise app. My work adds itself as an administrator and forces me encrypt the device and to use a passcode instead of fingerprint. I don't mind putting a passcode to decrypt at reboot, but having to put the password every time the screen times out was a pain. So, using the fingerprint was super convenient. So when I learned that Lollipop had multi-user for phones, I was super psyched: encryption on the phone, passcode for my work gmail account account and fingerprint security for my personal.

So, yesterday my phone arrived and I could not for the life of me figure out how to get to "user" settings. A lot of places I found on the internet said it was under the "device" option, but on my S6 Edge with AT&T it isn't there. I called tech support and they said they checked and after taking a few minutes looking themselves agreed that its not there.

Was hoping someone on here might have a better idea and I'm hoping that I'm just missing it ......

abenichou

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Same disapointment here, I bought a Note 4 two months ago just in order to get Android 5 with multi user mode. Samsung removed it, ATT doesn't care, and I suppose I will sell the Note 4 to by another brand that will accept multi-user. Waited 2 months for an Android 5 update for nothing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress