massive battery drain Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

David Ciszewski

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Within 25 minutes I lose 10% by a real quick check clash of clans a short phonecall being on andorid central. I turned off the 2 recommend WiFi settings and still draining. Sorry for double posting last thread in wrong spot.

Posted via the Android Central App

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't say that I'm experiencing the massive drains that others have been discussing all over the place. (knock on wood)

So far mine (Verizon S6 Edge) has been very much in line with what I was used to on my M8. Left mine off the charger all night and across ~9 hours, only lost 3% overnight. That with everything including WiFi left turned on.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Set WiFi calling to cell preferred, turn off VOLTE in Phone settings. That should eliminate your cell standby drain. (T-Mobile). Don't forget to restart after making the changes.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive decided im not a fan of the new battery info (have the note4)

Its really hard to tell actual usage because it tells you how much you have left based on current usage, so it falls fast if your doimg so,ethimg on your phone.
Also remember that the percentage used by each diff app is based on percentage of battery used, not total battery capacity.

I like the old way better telling you how long youve been off the charger, its a little more accurate that way to me

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
VoLTE is on t-mobile I believe. Any idea how to turn that off for Verizon? My cell standby is killing mine as well. It was great for the first 5 days and the last few days this has been killing my phone. I haven't done anything different. I was super happy with my battery life the first 5 days.. Now not much. I don't know what else to do!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's been confirmed or at least people have seen a fix for battery drain by doing a factory reset. That's a thread all about it. I recommend doing it.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Check the Google Play Newsstand settings. It can decimate battery life. Even if you've never used it, it's set to be constantly updating. You need to uncheck “download via Wi-Fi only.”

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and uninstalled/disabled any of the pre-installed apps (including most Google stuff). I also turned off notifications on apps where I didn't need them. I can go a full day without any problems. I make sure to shut down any running apps I'm not using. I also have Advanced Task Killer installed and it kills all running background apps when the screen goes dark.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Now that our Galaxy S6/edge for some unknown reason doesn't have the Battery graph anymore where we can see how the phone behaves and for how long it's been kept awake, I think it's a most to install something like GSAM Battery Monitor and you can go deeper into what exactly and what app is causing the phone to stay awake and draining your battery.

Install that, give it a full charge and go from there, then post screenshots of the most important things so we can see them and try to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87