iloome ECO screen protector short review

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the S6 Edge protector from iloomea and thought i;d share my experience since i don't see it covered and might be a good option for people if u can get the install..

it's a new product from their ECO line... it's nowhere near tempered or any hardness, so it's not like their other products. I like their other products, which i had on my previous devices

It's very similar to the flex hd from Spigen (which i had on there already) but it's a dry application film not a wet application.

The spigen flex crystal HD was a wet application and it was typical orange peel look.. i liked the sound of the iloome protector:
- Premium-Quality Japanese Material - Created using the best raw materials available!
- Self Repairing and Scratch Resistant - Protect your phone against unwanted scratches and damage!
- Unrivaled Touch Sensitivity - Experience the smooth matte coating!
- HD Optical Transmittance - Crystal clear viewing for all your photos and videos!
- Easy Installation Kit - Simple, bubble-free installation with the Hinge Tape!
- Oleophobic Coating - Protect your phone against unwanted scratches and damage, as well as unwanted smudges and fingerprints!

so i got it.. came today... u can cross off EASY installation off the list... usually the hinge method works really well... but this time... it was a bit HARDER!

so i do the usual and align the protector with the screen and setup the hinge tapes... took off the back peel and applied... it didn't stick on the curved edges.. i was pissed, but then realized maybe the front peel was making the screen protector thicker.. I was right... but what i didn't anticipate was the film being SUPER DUPER flimsy... the moment i peeled off the front peel it started to stick to the screen and bunch up and just really hard to handle..

Good thing it came with 3 protectors... now i know why... u have 3 tries to get it right...

so the second one i was prepared... but still the film started to stick.. so basically i took it off and aligned it myself and i was lucky... it fit perfect ... it had a TONNE of bubbles but at least the film was sitting right ...

i used the soft card that came with it to remove the bubbles along with my finger and now it looks perfect! it took a while to get rid of the bubbles..

WAYYY better then the Spigen Flex HD... it almost looks glass... u can slightly see how it's a film still but i was impressed on how it looked even though it's so thin.. obviously not a super amount of protection but it's good..

it's self healing like the Spigen, but much more clear... you can read the link to read about the features like touch sensitivity etc. and it;s smooth.. not sticky like the old school zagg and spigen ones or even the Best Skins

the coverage is perfect if you can get it right.. there is about less then a millimeter between the metal edge and the glass that is exposed.. sorry i don't have a camera with me to take a picture..

in the end it worked out, but i can see people using all 3 just to get it right... i've been installing screen protectors since 2004 and this is probably one of the hardest to do... i was just lucky to get it to sit right without much adjustment..

so i recommend it but be prepared to really take your time on this install or u will be using up all 3 that comes with it..

sorry if my grammar and spelling is horrible.. it's been a long day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87