Why do I still get mobile data background usage with mobile data disabled and background data restricted?

doddt

May 23, 2015
Visit site
still get mobile data background usage with mobile data disabled and background data restricted

I have a new T-Mobile S6 Edge and love the phone, but one thing I have not figured out is why I still get background mobile data usage even though I have disabled mobile data and set "restrict background data". Both tuiService and OS services are downloading approximately 100K at a time periodically over mobile data throughout the day even though I have a wifi connection. Does anyone know why this happens?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: still get mobile data background usage with mobile data disabled and background data restricted

Bring the phone into TMobile and complain (unless you have unlimited data, then who cares). What's happening is the legal equivalent of "short weighting" - you're paying for X but getting less than X for your use.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: still get mobile data background usage with mobile data disabled and background data restricted

Are you receiving picture messages (MMS) during this time? Or doing any group texting?

doddt

May 23, 2015
Visit site

No MMS or texting of any kind. It's more of an annoyance than a real problem. At least as long as the downloaded content is small, that is. But I'm thinking of disabling mobile data for my account & seeing what happens. I deliberately configured the phone so that the only time I use mobile data would be when I deliberately download something when I don't have a wifi connection. So I'm surprised that there's still stuff leaking through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa