This Is My Screen On Time From Today.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with it. Imagine what it'll be like when they fix the lollipop bug.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14579.jpg
    14579.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 307

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You are definitely getting solid battery performance out of your S6! Agreed, Lollipop fixes will make your S6 a true superstar!

I just wish everyone was, but that's to be expected. Definitely just not the S6. Look through the forums. Lots of Lollipop complaints. It's been good for me though. Not perfect, but good.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Is this mostly on wifi? What do you have turned off if anything?

I average this on both wifi and cell interchanging. Phone is set up like any other Android I've ever had. I don't let apps run rogue. Outside of the lollipop issue, I believe a lot of people's issues are user error. Android can multitask, unlike ios; but you can't let apps run rogue. Make sure they are closed when not in use.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
That's quite impressive. I can't say, I'm not a little bit jealous of those SOT times.

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge!

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get over 5hr 30 min SoT yesterday.

Ultimately it's up to you to make that happen.

I'll give some examples of how i have done it:
- Turned Enhanced LTE mode off (Keeps cell standby at bay)
- I keep wifi and bluetooth on at all times with the smart network switch enabled
- GPS off
- Brightness around 35%
- Blacked out everything (Except notification drawer: Using Nova Prime and stealth icon pack to truly make that happen)
- Nothing syncs automatically without my intervention
- I don't have Facebook and Messenger enabled along with a lot of other bloat (I created a shortcut to Facebook via chrome which does wonders for battery and is honestly a better way to use it)
- I don't close out apps unless necessary in the multitasking tray

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
That's quite impressive. I can't say, I'm not a little bit jealous of those SOT times.

All I've done is turned VoLTE off and cleared my cache partition a couple days ago. Clearing the cache made a big difference. I run Google Now launcher and use auto-brightness. On ATT.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I was able to get over 5hr 30 min SoT yesterday.

Ultimately it's up to you to make that happen.

I'll give some examples of how i have done it:
- Turned Enhanced LTE mode off (Keeps cell standby at bay)
- I keep wifi and bluetooth on at all times with the smart network switch enabled
- GPS off
- Brightness around 35%
- Blacked out everything (Except notification drawer: Using Nova Prime and stealth icon pack to truly make that happen)
- Nothing syncs automatically without my intervention
- I don't have Facebook and Messenger enabled along with a lot of other bloat (I created a shortcut to Facebook via chrome which does wonders for battery and is honestly a better way to use it)
- I don't close out apps unless necessary in the multitasking tray

Interesting. I keep my display on auto. My voice over lte is on(Verizon). Auto sync is on. Like you, I don't use the Facebook app and go to the browser instead. I've had problems with there app on every device. I consider it a rogue app. Using stock launcher. My average is between 4.5 to 5+hours sot. With 5:45 or so being the highest. Auto sync on or off hasn't seemed to make much difference, probably because of my settings in Google accounts which will let you choose what you want to update. Apparently hd voice on after clearing cache is a fix for cell standby on Verizon.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I keep my display on auto. My voice over lte is on(Verizon). Auto sync is on. Like you, I don't use the Facebook app and go to the browser instead. I've had problems with there app on every device. I consider it a rogue app. Using stock launcher. My average is between 4.5 to 5+hours sot. With 5:45 or so being the highest. Auto sync on or off hasn't seemed to make much difference, probably because of my settings in Google accounts which will let you choose what you want to update. Apparently hd voice on after clearing cache is a fix for cell standby on Verizon.

Its interesting how close our devices manage with just some simple user intervention...
:cool:

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Its interesting how close our devices manage with just some simple user intervention...
:cool:

Like I mentioned earlier. Outside of Lollipop issues I believe some of it is user error. That's the culprit of being able to customize, which I love. Did you see a big difference in battery going from the stock launcher to nova?

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Like I mentioned earlier. Outside of Lollipop issues I believe some of it is user error. That's the culprit of being able to customize, which I love. Did you see a big difference in battery going from the stock launcher to nova?

Give me a few more days and ill report back on that. I've only used it for a couple of days (Stealth and Nova Prime combo) and just from that alone, I've seen improvements from the battery.

I tried to black out as much as possible since of the SAMOLED display. Nova allowed to me to black out the app drawer and folders where the stealth icon pack blacked out the icons. I also make sure apps that support a 'night' mode have it enabled.

I will post screen shots for those who wish to see the setup

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Give me a few more days and ill report back on that. I've only used it for a couple of days (Stealth and Nova Prime combo) and just from that alone, I've seen improvements from the battery.

I tried to black out as much as possible since of the SAMOLED display. Nova allowed to me to black out the app drawer and folders where the stealth icon pack blacked out the icons. I also make sure apps that support a 'night' mode have it enabled.

I will post screen shots for those who wish to see the setup

Interesting. I can't wait to see the results. I don't usually stay on the stock launcher, but this one has been toned down enough to the point that I enjoy it. If it'll boost up the battery life even more though I'm going to change it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I think it'd be more helpful if people also included what they're running. a lot of SOT depends on how you're using your phone. 6+ hours is definitely impressive, for any phone, but if it's not with normal use, it doesn't really mean anything.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be more helpful if people also included what they're running. a lot of SOT depends on how you're using your phone. 6+ hours is definitely impressive, for any phone, but if it's not with normal use, it doesn't really mean anything.

I can tell you what i have been using day in and day out:

Words with Friends (Sporadic here and there but there nonetheless)
Youtube (quite a lot lately: Used it for an hour or so last night)
Rocket player (Music listening usually for up to an hour or so)
Textra-- Texting which is again sporadic here and there
Chrome with a few tabs open

Next time I will screen grab it.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

What do you consider normal? The screen should be the highest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19