After latest ota update....

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My edge has been up to this point trouble free. Rotation still works, battery was good all was fine. I get the ota update and now things suck.

1. The pull down menu, I would barely need to pull it down and it opened. Now....I have to hold it for about a quarter of the screen before it will work. If not not long enough and it flys back up.

2. The finger print reader. Worked fine. Now it takes multiple times before it recognizes any of the registered fingers. Today I got locked out of the phone. Fortunately I tried to enter my password like ten times which the stupid phone said it was incorrect to finally be offered a link to google where I logged into google and it s
Disabled the finger print security. Then a little while ago it locked me out again using two different fingers but it remembered my password. Yeah that now sucks too.

3. Battery usage I think has not gotten better but maybe worse. However I'm doing a lot of stuff with gps so maybe that is more the problem not sure yet.

4. This happened before the up date, what the heck is this stupid orange box that appears around the phone edge and doesn't allow me to do anything g except hit the back button to escape the program. It seems to happen in the Web browser. The screen zooms in, you get an orange outlined box around the phone and I can't seem to get ride of it except to use the back button..
So annoyannoying.

5. Spell checker still is bad and I always seem to still easily hit wrong keys even though I know I hit the right one like the key board is off sometimes.

6 when are we going to get something cool for the edge bars.

End rant.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After EVERY update it's recommended to at least do a Wipe Cache Partition and for some people a Factory reset. But try the Wipe Cache Partition going into recovery mode, Power off, Hold Power, Home and Volume up buttons until you see the Android robot on screen and use Volume buttons and power to browse on that menu, remember just do the Wipe Cache Partition.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
After EVERY update it's recommended to at least do a Wipe Cache Partition and for some people a Factory reset. But try the Wipe Cache Partition going into recovery mode, Power off, Hold Power, Home and Volume up buttons until you see the Android robot on screen and use Volume buttons and power to browse on that menu, remember just do the Wipe Cache Partition.

This. When I first got my phone, I downloaded the update that came with the phone. I had to factory reset to fix stuff that didn't work, which it did. Huge pain, but it worked