How do I change the default audio player in the S6 Edge messaging app?

Kevin Sommers

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Change default audio player in the S6 Edge messages app.

I recently bought a Galaxy S6 Edge and am really liking it so far. However the one thing (so far) that I don't like is that I cannot use a 3rd party application to listen to my voice mails. My provider sends my voice messages as an AMR attachment in an MMS. When playing the AMR attachment the default app is sound player (I think), which plays the audio through the external speaker. With other phones I have had great success with WavPlayer which allows switching between the external speaker and the ear speaker. It will even allow you to switch automatically if it detects you raising the phone to your ear.

In short I want to use WavPlayer instead of the default app for listening to my voicemails from the messages app but have not figured out how to accomplish this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Change default audio player in the S6 Edge messages app.

Welcome to Android Central! If it's possible at all, you'd have to clear the defaults from the system's audio player. I'm not sure which app it would be in the App Manager, so you instead you could clear all app defaults by tapping More at the upper right and then Reset All App Preferences. The next time you want to play a message, see if it gives you any alternatives. If it doesn't, then you have to use the system's audio player.

Kevin Sommers

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Change default audio player in the S6 Edge messages app.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately that did not work. I guess I will need to look for another SMS app that supports this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38