smart lock not unlocking

ma100

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I have set up smart lock except once I swipe on the home screen across the padlock, I still have to use my finger print to unlock. Does smart lock not override the finger print lock?

Posted via the Android Central App

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have set up smart lock except once I swipe on the home screen across the padlock, I still have to use my finger print to unlock. Does smart lock not override the finger print lock?

You're misunderstanding how to use Smart Lock. I'm assuming you have set it to stay unlocked when you are home or connected to your car or something like that, right? Let's say you have it set to unlock when you're home... As soon gps detects that you are at home, it will automatically be unlocked. That's it, no action needed by you! By swiping the padlock on the Home Screen you are forcing your phone to lock, overriding the Smart Lock detection that you are home. A nice option if say you are having a party at your house & want your phone to be locked.

So, if Smart Lock is activated you should swipe anywhere BUT on the padlock to unlock your phone.

ma100

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Super thank you. That works. I had thought I had to swipe out of the padlock which as you say, was locking it. Thanks for the help.