I think I messed up FIRST TIME ROOT

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I think I need to edit this. I go the root going and everything was working fine. Until I installed an Orwall .apk and then my internet connection just stopped. Now no apps work, chrome doesn't work. And then I dialed in ##72786# because a guy over at XDA told me to try it. Well, it's like I unactivated my phone. Now my phone and texting doesn't work. I'm bummed :( I just want to get my phone working. I buckled and factory reseted my phone.. I don't think anything went too bad when I did that because I still have root. But I didn't fix my internet and service issues. Im gonna try and put the stock firmware back on the phone and take it up to the store, just wanted to see if anyone could help me on here.

Thanks.

Last edited:

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You need those drivers. Have you tried as administrator?
you could download and install Samsung smart switch which will install the drivers, then uninstall it. It doesnt like Odin much but the drivers will remain on the pc.
you could also see if you can install drivers through Windos device manager. Hopefully the phone will show up

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You need those drivers. Have you tried as administrator?
you could download and install Samsung smart switch which will install the drivers, then uninstall it. It doesnt like Odin much but the drivers will remain on the pc.
you could also see if you can install drivers through Windos device manager. Hopefully the phone will show up

Hey, thanks man. It wasn't a problem to download the USB drivers, just to open them. I went forth with the root, opened Odin and even got the green "PASS" as I was told I should on the tutorial. So, I got root on my phone. Everything was working fine until I tried to start using Tor for secure and private browsing. I was looking around how to get that set up and I saw I needed Orwall, Orbot, and Orweb. Well, there was a website that said I needed to download the .apk of all three applications. But Orweb and Orbot is on the play store, so I downloaded them through there instead. Then I downloaded the Orwall apk through this website. After I installed that, I let it have Supersu access. Went in to check all the apps of (Orwall is basically a firewall to let your apps run through that particular proxy.. Just letting you know in case you didnt) It did have two little red notifications in the ORwall app. "IPTables are not worling" (Or something like that) and the other was about not having supersu access but after I granted it, it was fine. So then I went into Orbot and connected to Tor. After that, I went into Orweb to try it out and that is where it started. I got no internet connection on it. Thought it was weird, so I went to chrome to look something up.. and then chrome didn't have internet access. Now not a single app can get connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do.

Sorry for all of the information that might not make sense. I'm just trying to give you as much information I can so I can get the most help out of it. Thanks man.