Why is my s6 edge battery life so poor?

tinger_o

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
dzj7yq.png

2449ob6.png

As you can see, both the overall battery usage time and the screen on time are very mediocre. I don't game at all on this thing, and I don't do any intensive video uploading at all. My screen is set to about 40% brightness or so, yet I am still getting very poor mileage out of the battery. I know when it came out, battery life was considered average at best, and was the one major knock on the phone by most reviewers, but 6 hours battery life and not even 2 hours of SOT seem rather putrid.

To help offset this, I picked up an LG Stylo 2 plus for $50 and the minimum battery life I got on it to this point is 14 hours, and while on a Netflix marathon last Saturday, I got over 8 hours of screen on time, and a total of 25 hours 16 minutes battery usage since the previous full charge. Granted I know it doesn't have the pixels to push, and doesn't have the processing power to supply like the s6 edge does, but still. That near 6 inch screen phablet ran circles around the just over 5 inch screen s6 edge in terms of battery life.

Frustrating to say the least. S6 edge is still a good phone, but can't enjoy it much, or st least not to its max sith such tepid battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, we can't see any screenshots -- can you try posting them again? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.