Full Metal: Galaxy S6 (2015)

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you believe the next Galaxy S will go full metal, or be akin to the Note 4 and Alpha?

I imagine that Samsung will go full metal. I only hope that:

1. They keep the ability to remove the battery. Just make the back removable.

2. Keep the SD card door.

3. Add OIS.

4. Keep refining TW. (They never get rid of it. At the last they can make it better like in the Note 4s case.)

What about you all?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You can probably expect some metal, like the alpha and note 4

Since Note 4 has OIS, S6 probably will also

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it will look a lot like the galaxy alpha. Just bigger and with maybe a few design tweaks. OIS on the camera, 4k screen, snapdragon 810.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would expect better fit and finish in terms of materials and workmanship but I would not hold my breath. I would say some metal but a plastic back with a faux metal finish plastic or carbon fiber removable back cover.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No, but past history supports the resistance to use an metal casing with no removable back on a flagship device. I would love a unibody metal device.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I bet it'll look like the galaxy s5 with a round body but with metal and some other designs. Me, I personally hope they change the whole design into something different with less bezel.

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. Plastic is replaceable (back), and all around more forgiving in the bends and nicks category. Besides, my phone ALWAYS rides in a case, who cares about the extra weight?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope the S6 will be similar to the Note 4 with a removable back.
Not sure why people want an all metal case as it can dent easily. And if you're gonna put a case on it, then it really doesn't matter if it's all metal or not.

My Note 4 is solid and I really like it's design.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think at the very least we'll see metal trimming like the Note 4 and Alpha.

Though with the rumours of Samsung totally revamping their phones, it could possibly be a full metal case which might mean no removable battery.

I'd personally like just a new design altogether. Upping the materials is nice, but it's not improving the aesthetics. I'd like to see them go to full on-screen buttons (remove the physical home and capacitive back/multi-task buttons) and just have a fresh new design.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds interesting to me, i'm not against full metal body but that's because I went from S3 to HTC One M7. I wasn't impressed w/ the S5 so I waited on my upgrade hoping this year they do something to wow me with the S6.

It was really hard to not upgrade to Note 4, but i'm hoping the s6 will be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07