Samsung Galaxy S6 The headphone port has finally moved to the bottom

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: One feature new to the Galaxy S6 model that no one is talking about

Do BT headphones trail in sound quality to the best wired headphones? Yes. Is there audio delay when watching videos? Yes. Do the blinking lights scream, "NERD!"? Absolutely. But not being tethered trumps all of those things for me. Plus, most video players have audio offsets to compensate for the delay. I'll never go back to wired.

I have never experienced either of these issues.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I have never experienced either of these issues.

Me either, and my Blue Bud X headphones sound great. I hate being tethered. Waiting on those Bragi Dash headphones to come out. Already ordered a pair.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried Sennheiser or Beats?

Why am I going to use Sennheiser or Beats when I've got Soundfreq and Xiaomi? There's no way a bluetooth headset under $100 will sound better than my $25 pistons...and no way very much at all will sound better than my $80 Pocket Kick.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Why am I going to use Sennheiser or Beats when I've got Soundfreq and Xiaomi? There's no way a bluetooth headset under $100 will sound better than my $25 pistons...and no way very much at all will sound better than my $80 Pocket Kick.

Great for you. I was commenting based upon my experience and opinion that you get what you pay for. The added noise cancelling adds to the overall experience. Different strokes for different folks. No one type can rule the world.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Do BT headphones trail in sound quality to the best wired headphones? Yes. Is there audio delay when watching videos? Yes. Do the blinking lights scream, "NERD!"? Absolutely. But not being tethered trumps all of those things for me. Plus, most video players have audio offsets to compensate for the delay. I'll never go back to wired.

There are delays and you should try to find the ones that have the least delay(preferably unnoticeable)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Two words: Bluetooth headphones.

More expensive and generally the worst to get of the bunch.

People either buy cheap headphones or buy expensive ones, either of which will require a headphone port. To pay an extra 100$ on top of several hundred headphones just for the Bluetooth functionality is ludicrous.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

People either buy cheap headphones or buy expensive ones, either of which will require a headphone port. To pay an extra 100$ on top of several hundred headphones just for the Bluetooth functionality is ludicrous.

Matter of opinion. BT with NC are far better especially when traveling either on the plane or in the airport. Getting on and airplanes is much easier with the wireless.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Matter of opinion. BT with NC are far better especially when traveling either on the plane or in the airport. Getting on and airplanes is much easier with the wireless.

Not really, Bluetooth radios, like any other radios, are supposed to be shut off during takeoff and landing, and with some airlines during the entire flight (Korean Air does that on their NYC-ICN route I happen to know from experience). Always better to use wires on a flight.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Not really, Bluetooth radios, like any other radios, are supposed to be shut off during takeoff and landing, and with some airlines during the entire flight (Korean Air does that on their NYC-ICN route I happen to know from experience). Always better to use wires on a flight.

Again, matter of opinion and preferences. Having to be on a long flight and then deplaning with your backpack and potentially another carry-on from overhead is a pain with wires as also getting over people if you have the window seat.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Again, matter of opinion and preferences. Having to be on a long flight and then deplaning with your backpack and potentially another carry-on from overhead is a pain with wires as also getting over people if you have the window seat.

You wrap the thing up when you land and you're sitting there waiting for all the people in the rows ahead of you to deplane. ;)

And sorry but this one isn't a matter of opinion. If you're flying on an airline that restricts radio use (still most of them), your BT radios must be off in these situations. If you have a BT headset in, the cabin crew will have you power it off and stow it. You can make arguments for a lot of other situations, but not that one. Take it from an experienced traveller. Flying time is wired time. Headphones go in your shirt pocket, cellphone in your pants pocket, tablet goes in back pocket until you reach your seat, then it goes in the seat-back pocket, along with your cellphone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

You wrap the thing up when you land and you're sitting there waiting for all the people in the rows ahead of you to deplane. ;)

And sorry but this one isn't a matter of opinion. If you're flying on an airline that restricts radio use (still most of them), your BT radios must be off in these situations. If you have a BT headset in, the cabin crew will have you power it off and stow it. You can make arguments for a lot of other situations, but not that one. Take it from an experienced traveller. Flying time is wired time. Headphones go in your shirt pocket, cellphone in your pants pocket, tablet goes in back pocket until you reach your seat, then it goes in the seat-back pocket, along with your cellphone.

Whatever. I have never had an issue with BT on a plane. Wireless means nothing to roll up.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I'm right happy with my Gear Circles. I've been using Bluetooth headphones since a2dp first showed up in the U.S. The latest generation of them has come a LONG way from back in the days of the Jabra 620s.
As far as where the port is to how it goes in my pocket, port up, no matter where it is. Port down is inconvenient for many dash holders including mine.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

There are delays and you should try to find the ones that have the least delay(preferably unnoticeable)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's a 300ms delay that's easily fixed in BSPlayer. It's really no big deal. It's certainly not worth spending money trying to fix.

Mine were under $20 shipped and work great. Then again, I'm no audiophile, so I'm easy to please.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Back to the headphone jack,

It makes more sense on the bottom because as stated, some (me included) slide the phone in our pockets top first, because thats how we hold the phone, and when we pull the phone out, it puts it in our hand the way we use it.

ALSO, just on case you do have to walk thru some rain while on the phone (it happens) you dont yave that hile on top for any moisture to go in to.

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I think it's just a great design choice unifying the external ports and speaker in one place.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

And now we all realize why Apple putting the headphone jack on the bottom was such a big deal.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

One thing I'm worried about is the microphone on the bottom is right next to the speaker grill. On the iPhone it's on the opposite side. I'm just worried about if you talk on speakerphone, won't they hear themselves too much? Granted it does have a microphone on top also.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

One thing I'm worried about is the microphone on the bottom is right next to the speaker grill. On the iPhone it's on the opposite side. I'm just worried about if you talk on speakerphone, won't they hear themselves too much? Granted it does have a microphone on top also.

I'm fairly confident that was addressed by the engineering department and that you won't have any problems whatsoever.

🍄6+

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm fairly confident that was addressed by the engineering department and that you won't have any problems whatsoever.

🍄6+

I don't think engineering department puts much thought into things like this. Viewed from am engineer's perspective.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

It's a 300ms delay that's easily fixed in BSPlayer. It's really no big deal. It's certainly not worth spending money trying to fix.

Mine were under $20 shipped and work great. Then again, I'm no audiophile, so I'm easy to please.

If the price is that cheap, I am willing to check it out for myself. Do you have an amazon link to that item?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo