Samsung Galaxy S6 Good bye bloat, won't miss ya

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Good bye bloat, won't miss ya

Really hope I can remove the Facebook app and those like it. I've seen the articles mention that you can remove Microsoft, Google, and Samsung apps so my hopes are high.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

If they allow for the AT&T stuff to be removed as opposed to disabled, I'm going to be pretty excited. This phone just keeps getting better.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

If they allow for the AT&T stuff to be removed as opposed to disabled, I'm going to be pretty excited. This phone just keeps getting better.

Don't hold your breath.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

That I'm sure AT&T would not allow to happen.

Posted via Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

That I'm sure AT&T would not allow to happen.

Posted via Android Central App

Well the odds of it happening are beyond slim, but who knows nowadays. I didn't expect this level of trimming from Samsung to begin with.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Samsung will allow you to remove unwanted 'bloatware' on the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge [Update: not quite] | Android Central

Update: According to the folks at MobileSyrup, it looks like you won't be able to fully remove pre-installed apps after all. Tapping on the "minus" button for pre-loaded apps (even those from Microsoft) simply disables them, rather than completely removing them.
Doors that mean it will no longer show in the app drawer?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I have had many baked in apps (bloat) disabled for some time now, I just went to look in AppManager to check, and I had forgot how much I had hidden/disabled.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

disable is good enough a solution. Here is the bloat I disabled, my battery gets so much better without these bloats.

Screenshot_2015-03-24-06-13-47-1.jpg

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Does disabling also prevent the apps from coming up as needing an update?
yeah
Wow, you disabled pretty much everything google. I need Chrome, Maps, Search in google apps. I disabled most of carrier bloats and S-voice though.

I use all those (except games) -- So that would be a no go for me ^_^.

Yeah, everybody use the phone differently for sure.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm less worried about bloatware than I am about service restrictions. Disabling bloatware is good enough for me because most if not all bloatware is burned into an unmodifiable partition. So even if one could delete bloatware, the partition wouldn't be usable for anything else.

What concerns me is whether there are service restrictions. I haven't been following this lately because my last several phones have been international models. But I vaguely remember howls of pain from at&t and Verizon users because they couldn't do... What?

I'm going to have to get my S6 Edge from at&t because I refuse to pay over US$1,000 for a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress