Samsung Galaxy S6 Wireless charger steal!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
So I got antsy and decided to go home on my lunch break to try this out. Good news! I was able to successfully and most importantly EASILY remove the speaker. So here we go:

There are 4 screws keeping this thing together. They are all hidden at the very ends of the black rubber material. GENTLY lift up the edges so you can access the screws. I say gently because I was not gentle at all and had a couple kind of stretch out on me. Not a huge deal since I'm never looking at the bottom, but if you want this to be pristine, be gentle.
20150402_122521.jpg

Now, the screws will all have some type of plastic material over them that is clear. My guess is this is some type of glue or something to keep the rubber in place or maybe to keep the screws from moving. I had no issue just sticking my screwdriver through it and unscrewing. Do not bother trying to scrape around and remove the clear plastic, it's a waste of time and you'll probably be more harm than good. The screws just need to be lose, you DO NOT need them to be removed all the way. The plastic actually is nice because it lets you unscrew but it keeps the screw in place for when you put it back together. Be gentle with the screws, the plastic piece on the inside that the screw goes into is garbage and I broke a couple of them. Like I said earlier, I was not careful and gentle at all throughout this process so with a little care yours will turn out much better.

After you have loosened all the screws, it will easily detach. This is what it will look like:

20150402_122754.jpg
20150402_122822.jpg

So now you have it all disassembled, just pull off the speaker which is the circular shaped one. Do NOT disconnect the other one, that is the charging port.

20150402_122835.jpg

So now that you have yanked out the speaker, you have to put it back together. The only semi-tricky part is getting the charging port put back in to the right spot. You have to make sure it fits perfectly into the little slot on the top piece. I was able to get it just right after a couple tries. If you have issues, I don't see any reason why using a little bit of tape or glue on the plastic casing to hold it in right would hurt.

After you have it in, close the cover and tighten the screws and then pull back the black sticky rubber over them. As you can see with mine, the rubber ends aren't perfect but that's because I was trying to get this done in 10 minutes over my lunch break. You can do a much better job with a little bit of patience. But here it is, back together and working fine and no annoying chime noises!!!

20150402_123153.jpg
20150402_123736.jpg

I'll be ordering a few more of these. Can't beat them for $9. Hope you find this helpful! And no, these pictures were not taken with the Galaxy S6. They were taken with it's great grandfather, the Galaxy S3.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my 2, I feel I should have got 3 lol my cousin was over with his iPhone 4s so I gave him the case and tried out the charging, works great. He was happy because now he can charge his phone with a regular mini usb with that case on, which is great because he won't be taking my wireless charger lol.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Attachments

• 20150402_184422.jpg
    20150402_184422.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20150402_184332.jpg
    20150402_184332.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 37

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
After just about 12 hours of use I can safely confirm that the Duracell Powermat is an amazing accessory for the Galaxy s6. Using the s6 edge with it is super simple once you figure out the sweet spots, for instance you CAN line it up on either side of the Powermat, it's as simple as lining it up length wise and using the camera bulge as a guide. Once the camera hits the edge and the phone stops sliding into place the charging begins. It's actually extremely easy to do on either side and offers the greatest amount of surface for the phone to rest on. It may be helpful to know that some of the phone will still be hanging off the side, I'd say approximately one and a half inches of one side. Using this method you will also notice an extremely subtle magnetic effect, which will be most noticeable when you're lifting the phone up and off the mat.

As for charging speed I can't be more precise right now, but I was at 18% battery and two and a half hours later when I returned to my phone I was at 100%. I don't know about anyone here but that is more than enough for me for a bedside charger.

The one complication as has already been pointed out is the sound it makes once you connect or disconnect. I think that I'll get used to it, but not sure if anyone else you share your bed with will agree.

Would you mind snapping a pic of how the phone rests on the charger to charge? Also, sounds like you have confirmed it will work on both sides of the charger, correct? Thanks in advance!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
couldn't resist, ordered 1 more the Galaxy s3 version. that way my 2yr old can have a case for her Galaxy s3 ☺

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Wow, you guys are great! I ordered one yesterday to test, but now I will be ordering more today because you have done all of the leg work!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Wow, you guys are great! I ordered one yesterday to test, but now I will be ordering more today because you have done all of the leg work!

I'll have 4 of them and I may order a few more to give away to family members who otherwise would be the type of people to have the S6 for 2 years and never know that it was possible to charge it wirelessly.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll have 4 of them and I may order a few more to give away to family members who otherwise would be the type of people to have the S6 for 2 years and never know that it was possible to charge it wirelessly.

Hilarious! But so true about most smartphone owners

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
S6 edge in the charging position on the Duracell Powermat (iPhone 4S Edition). It works in this position on both sides.

P1300516.jpgP1300507.jpg

Last edited:

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
S6 edge in the charging position on the Duracell Powermat (iPhone 4S Edition). It works in this position on both sides.

View attachment 169513View attachment 169514

Awesome. I'm sure it works the other way too if you wanted to charge 2 devices, but this is the position that you said is easy to line up with the camera bump? Might be best for night time use this way to make sure you have it charging since I disabled the sound.

Everytime I come here I'm tempted to order more but then I'd have so many that they'd end up in bathrooms.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I come here I'm tempted to order more but then I'd have so many that they'd end up in bathrooms.

Ha! Yeah, I'm debating how nuts it is to buy a fourth. Pretty nuts. But....I keep discovering more uses for this thing. I realized yesterday that while it's not a perfect fit, the included case houses my iPod rather snuggly, and now I'm wirelessly charging my ancient (5yrs old) 64gb iPod.

I wonder, has anyone heard that there is anything but a cosmetic difference between the Powermat packaged for the old Galaxy versus the iPhone 4?

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and yes you could bring the s6 around so that the camera catches at the lip on the opposite end, or turn it 90 degrees to charge two items at once. Though as you correctly surmised, the way pictured is the most "in the dark secure" method I've discovered to line these two beauties up.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ha! Yeah, I'm debating how nuts it is to buy a fourth. Pretty nuts. But....I keep discovering more uses for this thing. I realized yesterday that while it's not a perfect fit, the included case houses my iPod rather snuggly, and now I'm wirelessly charging my ancient (5yrs old) 64gb iPod.

I wonder, has anyone heard that there is anything but a cosmetic difference between the Powermat packaged for the old Galaxy versus the iPhone 4?

I'm not sure I'm following your question. The chargers are the same it's just the cases are different. I've purchased both the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4 versions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall