Samsung Galaxy S6 Wireless charger steal!

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong, I'm trying everything with and without case and I can't seem to get my S4 to charge on here. Hopefully when my S6 comes I have no issues.

If you have a normal wireless back, it is not PMA but Qi. You'll need a PMA insert attached to the back door for it to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if my pad is faulty or not, but it doesn't work when I put a case on my phone (Speck Candyshell case). However, my old Nexus 5 wireless charger does work with the case on so the case can technically work with wireless charging, but doesn't work with the duracell pad.

Interesting. Can anybody with a phone and this charger confirm or deny this?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else able to try this charger with the S6 in a case? I was able to charge the extended battery when I put a case in between it, but that doesn't necessarily mean the S6 will be the same. I'd really like to know before ordering more and giving them out to family as gifts.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Can anybody with a phone and this charger confirm or deny this?

I will have my s6 edge with spigen crystal case this afternoon and will report. But note, I have a caseology clear case on my s5 (not wireless charging) but I sat it on the charger just to hold it and the magnet pulls the phone to the charger and puts it to sleep after a few seconds like a magnetic case does (think old BlackBerry pouches). Idk if that gives any indication but I feel if the magnet pulls the phone down through a case the charging current should go through too.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else able to try this charger with the S6 in a case? I was able to charge the extended battery when I put a case in between it, but that doesn't necessarily mean the S6 will be the same. I'd really like to know before ordering more and giving them out to family as gifts.

It works with spigen crystal clear case

Attachments

• 20150408_195123.jpg
    20150408_195123.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
It works with spigen crystal clear case

Phew! Glad to hear. I was worried that I bought 4 of these things and they were going to turn out worthless. I plan on using a thin case so I'm sure it will be fine for me as well, but maybe others that use thicker cases like the guy above will have issues. Can you comment on how strong the connection appears? I know that with the external battery pack it gives a nice solid magnetic grip. I'm sure it's not as good with the S6, especially with a case, but is it very difficult to get it to line up and get a charge? Or is it simple if you charge it the way you did in the picture and line it up with the lens on the edge?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Phew! Glad to hear. I was worried that I bought 4 of these things and they were going to turn out worthless. I plan on using a thin case so I'm sure it will be fine for me as well, but maybe others that use thicker cases like the guy above will have issues. Can you comment on how strong the connection appears? I know that with the external battery pack it gives a nice solid magnetic grip. I'm sure it's not as good with the S6, especially with a case, but is it very difficult to get it to line up and get a charge? Or is it simple if you charge it the way you did in the picture and line it up with the lens on the edge?

Actually the magnetic grip is pretty strong, however you do have to fiddle around to find the right spot for the charging to start. Mine doesn't line up perfectly with the camera but if you put the center of the back of the phone right on one of the little circles for the charging port it usually will line up just right which does have the camera slightly off of the charger

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It seems that it varies with chargers on 1 of my chargers it does charge with a case but on another I have to take the case off, which isn't ideal at all.

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my charger yesterday. It charges the little battery that comes with it just fine, but I have not been able to get it to charge my GS6 with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case. However, my wife has an iPhone 4s, and it looks like it will do fine for that. I didn't realize that the charger came with a charging case for the 4s.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my charger yesterday. It charges the little battery that comes with it just fine, but I have not been able to get it to charge my GS6 with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case. However, my wife has an iPhone 4s, and it looks like it will do fine for that. I didn't realize that the charger came with a charging case for the 4s.

I have 3 chargers and the same case (see pic above) it charges perfectly fine when placed carefully on 2 chargers but 1 doesn't, I have to take the case off for it to work. Idk what's the difference in chargers. It appears to be hit or miss.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've determined the duracell wireless charging pushes about 350mah and charges at a speed of around 25-30% per hr.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thought I would let you in on a steal of a deal for wireless chargers for the S6/S6E. While you do get the charger for free from Best Buy when you buy from them, if you don't want to deal with them there is an amazing offer on Amazon.

Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black (or White) are only 9.99 on Amazon with prime. I can't link it due to being a newer member (I've been commenting on article for years but not the forums, go figure) but it should rather easy to find.

Thank goodness for the fact that the S6/S6E has both Qi and PMA is amazing and for 9.99 I bought three of them for the different rooms in my house and work.

Any reason to get the iPhone one over the one for the GS3? They seem like identical products.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That's all? Well dang, I was thinking it would at least get 700.

Yeah its slow but perfect for in the office or in your bedroom overnight. Today in my office it went from 25% to 90% in 2hr 45min. During that time I received and responded to several texts and played clash of clans for 15 minutes all while never lifting the phone off the charger.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have two of the Duracell chargers and the Spigen Neo Hybrid CC case. One charger works with the phone and one does not. Also, the one that does work is rather touchy to line up the phone with the charger. They were cheap but if I were starting over I would get something else.