This store has s6 in stock now? Does it make sense?

iphoneorandroid

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Should I buy it?

Not letting me post links as I'm new. It's a cellphone store listing on Craiglist NYC, saying they have it in stock now. It's the F variant.

They are called New Wave. Anyone dealt with them before?

iphoneorandroid

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually going to head over. I just spoke to the store, they are on Fifth Avenue in New York, so I don't think there's any risk.

They are asking $875.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Should I buy it?

Not letting me post links as I'm new. It's a cellphone store listing on Craiglist NYC, saying they have it in stock now. It's the F variant.

They are called New Wave. Anyone dealt with them before?
Are you really that naive that you would consider such a purpos?

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't do it. Really. Stop. Don't even think about it. There's a reason that store is listing on Craigslist. And just because its on 5th Ave doesn't mean anything. Most of those shops in Midtown and Downtown are there to ripoff tourists. I know you're itching to get the S6, but go to a legit source.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Most stores have them, call your local Bestbuy, they have them. The issue is Samsung, Samsung has strict policies on their products. All of them, they wont allow you to release them before they give permission, otherwise they wont supply you with their product. TMobile probably got permission early on, the rest of our phones wait in the warehouses of our local stores waiting to be released. That company on Craigslist probably does have them, but if Sammy finds out they are releasing them, they wont be selling them anymore.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to add more .. If you have to ask if you can trust a business before a purchase .. You probably don't want to be buying from that business.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm doubting that the cell phone store on Craigslist is an authorized retailer of Samsung regardless.

Posted via Android Central App

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the store exist except the website redirects you here www.voloxcellular.com. $1,000 bucks for 32 gb S6, what a deal!!

There were also Yelp reviews on this place and there were a few stating that their unlocking services were listed at cheaper prices ($35 on this website), but were charged $75-90. Again, sketchy 5th Avenue store just there to ripoff tourists. Doesn't even have a proper store front, its located in a suite of a building.

iphoneorandroid

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I just stopped by. They have plenty of units in stock. They are more of a warehouse, it looks like they supply the local stores with units as and when they need them -- while I was there one store sent over a runner to buy five units. Doesn't seem shady and the two people who helped me seems like they know their technology.

Now the question is should I sell my iphone and grab one unit? Or should I buy it today and wait to sell my iphone after?

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just stopped by. They have plenty of units in stock. They are more of a warehouse, it looks like they supply the local stores with units as and when they need them -- while I was there one store sent over a runner to buy five units. Doesn't seem shady and the two people who helped me seems like they know their technology.

Now the question is should I sell my iphone and grab one unit? Or should I buy it today and wait to sell my iphone after?

I actually just called them with a few questions. Mainly, will the unlocked variant work with AT&T LTE Bands. The guy was pretty nice and asked me to call back in 5 minutes and he's going to pop a sim card in to double check, but he initially said "yes". I'd love a device without all the AT&T garbage on it and no logos on the back....If I purchase with PayPal I also get buyer protection. Am I crazy?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually just called them with a few questions. Mainly, will the unlocked variant work with AT&T LTE Bands. The guy was pretty nice and asked me to call back in 5 minutes and he's going to pop a sim card in to double check, but he initially said "yes". I'd love a device without all the AT&T garbage on it and no logos on the back....If I purchase with PayPal I also get buyer protection. Am I crazy?

Yes, you are crazy. I'm from NYC too, and in a few days you'll be able to get one for allot less on Craigslist. Just wait a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you are crazy. I'm from NYC too, and in a few days you'll be able to get one for allot less on Craigslist. Just wait a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Didn't pull the trigger ;) It was exciting until I actually figured out how much the 64GB edge would cost, and then reality sunk-in :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo