Otterbox Defender & Commuter Cases - Couple Pictures (No Phone)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got the Otterbox Defender and Commuter cases for the Galaxy S6 the other day at the Verizon store. These cases are very well built and real slim for Otterbox cases. The Commuter is only a little smaller then the Defender, Both really nice. Now if I only had a phone to try in them. :p

The last picture is the S6 Defender next to my Note 4 in an Otterbox Defender.

s6ott01.jpgs6ott02.jpgs6ott03.jpgs6ott04.jpg

ramsv94

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am deciding between the symmetry series and the commuter right now. Have you seen them in any store? Hoping to get a look.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Them's some big ol' cases. Tanks for sure. I hope I don't regret getting something that solid, but I just can't go that bulky anymore.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How is the play of the volume buttons and power switch? Is it stiff or is there a lot of play? Is the poly carbonate layers very hard to disassemble? You said the cases were lighter but are pretty thin fully assembled? One concern is the use of wireless charging and mobile payment systems.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I like that Symmetry case quite a bit. Would love to see some good real world ( not marketing) pics of a case with the phone, rather than just the case by itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
How is the play of the volume buttons and power switch? Is it stiff or is there a lot of play? Is the poly carbonate layers very hard to disassemble? You said the cases were lighter but are pretty thin fully assembled? One concern is the use of wireless charging and mobile payment systems.

The buttons feel fine and not that stiff at all. Would be nice if I had a phone to test them with. :p
With the Defender I'll probably rip out the stock screen protector and just use a Zagg Tempered glass on the phone.
Won't even get the phone until the 17th as I'm waiting for the 128GB.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The back looks like the same material used in the past. Still slippery? Probably hard to tell until the phone is in it.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Not too slippery. The Defender has the silicone on the outside (like all past Defender cases) and is real grippy. The commuter does not feel too slippery either but I have found the Commuter for the Note 4 real slippery. I'll test them someday if I ever get the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non