Horrible Verizon Store Experience for S6

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I went in to a Verizon Store by my house to have my wife check which color or S6/Edge she wanted. The sales guy greets me at the door and gets my info. There are 4 employees talking and he joins them. Not one of them is helping customers. 10 minutes later he comes over and tells me he can help me now. 3 other employees continue to talk and leave customers waiting(#1 reason i should have left) This Verizon Store doesn't have ANY S6's on display! (#2 reason to leave.) Then the sales guy tells me that if I wanted the phone on my account (which has been upgradeable for 3 months on MORE Everything) I would have to pay $500+ to get on contract. (#3 reason to leave.) He tells me, the S6 is $349.99, then $40 renewal, and then starts adding stuff in to make the price over $500. I tell him the price online and according to CS, there is a $50 rebate making it $299 and I dont want the other stuff. He wants to argue with me,(#4 reason to leave) but he proceeds to look it up online and finds out I am correct. According to him, that's a new deal that he wasn't aware of.

This sales guy then tells me if I want to switch to the Edge program, I would owe $180 right now. (#5 reason to leave.) He tells me that in store, they REQUIRE the $180, but...good for me... that includes a case, screen protector, car charger, and bluetooth device. CS and online have different promotions. WTF??? I told him there is absolutely no reason that they REQUIRE me to buy this stuff and he's full of it. Oh but my trade-in smartphone will help offset the cost $100 if I wanted to do it today so I would only owe $80.

I finally left this store after all this BS. Couldn't even believe this store doesn't have an S6 / Edge on display. I already have my S6 on pre order through BB, and will be going over there. Maybe I'll call Verizon CS to get hers from there...not sure

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Only went there because it's in the same shopping center as Target and she hasn't seen or held the S6 variants yet. I have no idea if she wants the S6 or S6 edge.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would report that store. Sounds like they're trying to get their sale numbers up by lying.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've always had bad experiences with Verizon. Yoiu can check out the demo units at Best Buy or at an ATT store.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a corporate store. When I go to verizonwireless.com and type in my zipcode in the store locator, it is the closest to my house.

They also show authorized resellers, not just Corporate stores. I don't even bother with those places, they'll do anything to rip you off.

Posted via Android Central App

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
They also show authorized resellers, not just Corporate stores. I don't even bother with those places, they'll do anything to rip you off.

Mine was also a corporate store. I refuse to go to authorized resellers.

Geez pretty hard on lumping up every indirect store as bad and intending to rip you off. You do realize without indirect locations Verizon would have a much harder time to help over 50% of its customer base. On their end they hear the exact opposite that people deal with morons and felt mislead at National locations, online, or over the phone? Maybe you should keep the wording to the location or store you had a bad experience with instead of group over 1500+ locations into one pool. Like saying... Best Buy are a bunch of scam artist, because one or two reps did not do their job correctly....yeah the whole company is bad. Lol ignorance is bliss I guess.

Guess most of you are from larger areas and do not truly appreciate having to drive 2-4 hours to a national location. There are plenty of indirect stores that do amazing jobs I wish you better luck in your next experience but bad employees and stores happen at all levels of a company.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store on the 1st so my wife could get a new phone. She was going with the Edge plan, and the rep tried to sell us that bundle BS, too. It's nonsense.

I pre-ordered my S6, also on the Edge plan, via customer service over the phone, and there was no mention of a bundle whatsoever.

The reps make their money off the accessories more than the phones. Always trying to push one thing or another on you. I really almost (now I said almost) feel sorry for them when they're trying so hard to push a $30 car charger on me when I can literally walk to the Walgreens next door and get one for like $6, or even less if I order online.

Posted via the Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had great experiences at our corporate store here in SW CT. They have been helpful, didn't force unwanted garbage on me, I'll probably go back if I get the S6, or maybe just do it online or whatever but I won't go to the store because they weren't professional.

The good thing is that if you don't like their service there are other means of procuring these products, I would however send a note to the store manager to express your displeasure, doing it here won't go far other than blowing off some steam.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar experience at Sprint. Went in to pay my bill and look again at the S6. They wanted to check my upgrade status (I know the status of all 3 lines)

She then told me Sprint no longer offers a two year upgrade, excuse me? Yep leasing or finance only. I showed her my upgrade status on my phone and she insisted it was wrong.

I should have just left but now I feel like I have to prove myself. So I called Sprint and they verified that yes they do indeed still offer 2yr upgrades.

Leasing, I don't want it thank you

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went in to a Verizon Store by my house to have my wife check which color or S6/Edge she wanted. The sales guy greets me at the door and gets my info. There are 4 employees talking and he joins them. Not one of them is helping customers. 10 minutes later he comes over and tells me he can help me now. 3 other employees continue to talk and leave customers waiting(#1 reason i should have left) This Verizon Store doesn't have ANY S6's on display! (#2 reason to leave.) Then the sales guy tells me that if I wanted the phone on my account (which has been upgradeable for 3 months on MORE Everything) I would have to pay $500+ to get on contract. (#3 reason to leave.) He tells me, the S6 is $349.99, then $40 renewal, and then starts adding stuff in to make the price over $500. I tell him the price online and according to CS, there is a $50 rebate making it $299 and I dont want the other stuff. He wants to argue with me,(#4 reason to leave) but he proceeds to look it up online and finds out I am correct. According to him, that's a new deal that he wasn't aware of.

This sales guy then tells me if I want to switch to the Edge program, I would owe $180 right now. (#5 reason to leave.) He tells me that in store, they REQUIRE the $180, but...good for me... that includes a case, screen protector, car charger, and bluetooth device. CS and online have different promotions. WTF??? I told him there is absolutely no reason that they REQUIRE me to buy this stuff and he's full of it. Oh but my trade-in smartphone will help offset the cost $100 if I wanted to do it today so I would only owe $80.

I finally left this store after all this BS. Couldn't even believe this store doesn't have an S6 / Edge on display. I already have my S6 on pre order through BB, and will be going over there. Maybe I'll call Verizon CS to get hers from there...not sure

My store didn't have any out either. Simply poor. So I'm going to AT&T today to take a peek. :D

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
most of Verizon's own corporate stores are pretty horrible.

However, I am lucky enough to have a good one near me. A couple of months ago, I went there to exchange a phone. Their system had real problems that day and it took over 2 hours to complete the transaction. The manager apologized and offered me any accessory that I wanted under $50. Totally free! :) I asked if I could get something more expensive and just pay the difference? She said sure. I bought the Bose Soundlink(Mini) speaker for $149. ($199 minus $500) Awesome little speaker.