Smart Lock question

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So I set up smart lock to bypass fingerprint lock screen when I'm connected to my car's Bluetooth.
It works great.

I also set it up for location (my home) but it doesn't seem to work regardless of the settings I try.

Any thoughts?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I set up smart lock to bypass fingerprint lock screen when I'm connected to my car's Bluetooth.
It works great.

I also set it up for location (my home) but it doesn't seem to work regardless of the settings I try.

Any thoughts?

I have the same issue and have already put a thread on here about it. There is a known-bug in lollipop with this issue so that is likely the culprit here too. I had hoped Samsung may have had a fix for it, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah smart lock with location is broken in the latest Google play services. I have same issue with the nexus 6 as well. It used work fine a month back but then after some update to the latest Google play services it stopped working. Good news is Google can fix this by just updating Google play services and doesn't need an OS update.

Also, I completely stopped using smart lock on the S6 because of the fingerprint scanner. Is much easier to just put my finger on the home button to unlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa