Having an HTC and thinking of buying the S6?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time fan and owner of HTC phones since their Nexus 1 and lately M8, though now I am tired of the same design and poor camera, I want to jump into the S6 train, I tried it today in a shop though they didn't let me to go further than the initial boot menu, well I was positively surprised to see how good the phone look and feel, the cheap plastic is gone for good and the high class feeling is there, the phone even felt heavier than I thought.
It's still very expensive (as usual) the first 2-3 weeks over here but I am 99% convinced to get it.
So how many of you are planning to pass by an HTC phone to S6?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm moving from the M8 to the S6 edge. It's really no comparison, the S6 is far superior in every category. Last year that was not the case.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving from the M8 to the S6 edge. It's really no comparison, the S6 is far superior in every category. Last year that was not the case.

Except Samsung does not provide service pack updates like HTC does...Instead we will be waiting for carrier firmware updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation. I've owned an HTC M7 for the last two years, and the M7 has been great. It's time for me to upgrade, and considering the features of the S6 vrs the M9, I'm planning to switch to the Samsung S6. I love HTC, but in my opinion they missed the mark with the M9. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (with TouchWiz), so I don't think it will be too much of a shock for me to go from HTC Sense to Samsung TouchWiz. In fact, I prefer the notification panel of TouchWiz over Lollipop.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving from am M8 to the S6. The M9 is pretty much just an M8 with slightly different internals and a lip around the edge so I didn't see the point in moving to it. Samsung pay, the camera and wireless charging were what drew me in, and the gorgeous design and streamlined touchwiz performance locked me in.

Had it just been another plastic phone with janky software I would have just held out for Motorola.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the M8 and will be going to the S6.

If the M9 had a better camera, I would have gone to that. Maybe next year.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Currently on the amazing M7 but I'm ready to upgrade. I still gravitate more to the aesthetics of the M9 over the S6 and I would easily choose Sense over Touchwiz, but that gorgeous Amoled screen and kick ***/versatile camera have won me over, I'm still holding out until the G4 announcement, but I'm pretty sure I will end up with an S6.

Posted via Android Central App

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Currently on the amazing M7 but I'm ready to upgrade. I still gravitate more to the aesthetics of the M9 over the S6 and I would easily choose Sense over Touchwiz, but that gorgeous Amoled screen and kick ***/versatile camera have won me over, I'm still holding out until the G4 announcement, but I'm pretty sure I will end up with an S6.

Same. I bet HTC are biting their fingers right now.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading to the S6 also, hopefully in blue, but my main concern is laggy Touchwiz. In my experience, every Samsung device seems to lag and get buggy 6 months down the line. Touchwiz not only doesn't look very good, but it's not as fluid as Sense. Reviews from Pocketnow and Android Central attest to this and it's quite worrying to see these guys experience lag on such a new device. Samsung always win in specs but the user experience doesn't tend to be as enjoyable or smooth in my experience.

That said, there's very little reason to buy the M9 over the M8. It is probably the laziest flagship update in history, and even regresses in terms of battery and camera performance. HTC were clearly devoting their resources elsewhere and/or struggling with the loss of talent at the company. There's just nothing compelling about the M9. That's sad because HTC were often seen as innovators and the underdog with quality products.

I'm interested to see what the 2015 Moto X will bring. Front facing speakers are very difficult to give up-- i'd actually prefer better speakers over a QHD screen. I don't need to see Netflix or Youtube in QHD -- I'll cast it to a big TV or switch on my bluray player -- but I do want immersive sound and loud podcasts and navigation.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a long time fan and owner of HTC phones since their Nexus 1 and lately M8, though now I am tired of the same design and poor camera, I want to jump into the S6 train, I tried it today in a shop though they didn't let me to go further than the initial boot menu, well I was positively surprised to see how good the phone look and feel, the cheap plastic is gone for good and the high class feeling is there, the phone even felt heavier than I thought.
It's still very expensive (as usual) the first 2-3 weeks over here but I am 99% convinced to get it.
So how many of you are planning to pass by an HTC phone to S6?

Coming from a M7, S4, and M8, I went to a S6. Don't regret it one bit.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I played with the M9 at bestbuy last night. It seems slower than the m8. Definitely noticed lag. Seems like HTC went the wrong way this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the M7 then the M8 and was anticipating to get the M9 but like most was very disappointed.

I've had my S6 for two days now and I can't put it down. No regrets !!

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an M8 and just received the S6 Edge. I miss the stereo speakers. The screen on the S6 is nowhere near as bright or vivid right now, but I think I have a defective unit. I do miss sense a little but touchwiz is looking good so far.

FloRidaSrt

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using an m8 and previously had the m7. I simply LOVE the look and feel of HTC's latest flagships. Sense is so smooth and snappy! The cameras are not great but good enough.

With that being said... The reason I am switching away from HTC is because their ports on the phones are absolute garbage. The charging port on the M7 failed after less than a year and would not hold the USB cable into the port. When I got my M8, I made sure to ONLY use the provided HTC cable. And it still failed on me. Cable barely stays in and only does slow charge. AND the headphone port does not work anymore either. My old car did not have Bluetooth so I would have to use my stereos auxiliary port to listen to music off my phone. Well, after plugging it in and out twice a day for six months now the headphone port does not work.

No more HTC phones for me. Which is a shame because I really love the design, screen, Sense, and speakers. My only Sammy phone was a Galaxy Nexus, which I loved. My S6 should be delivered today.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Ditto. I love everything about the M7 except for that abysmal camera. The M9 was an incredible disappointment when announced, and the S6 just blew my mind hole with all of its features and purported camera goodness. So, mañana she will be mine and the M7 will go the way o' the dino.

Posted via the Android Central App

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the M8 and will be going to the S6.

If the M9 had a better camera, I would have gone to that. Maybe next year.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Not sure if you saw this, somebody on XDA came up with some camera settings for the M9 that vastly improved the performance of the camera. Supposedly even low light shots look good. If camera is your only reason for not getting the M9 you might want to check it out.