Problems with getting a Note 4 on S6 launch day.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Finally got my lovely Note 4 yesterday. Some very interesting things happened upon purchasing it. Firstly, when I asked the salesperson if they have a black Galaxy Note 4 in stock this is what happened...
Me: "Do you have a black Galaxy..."
Salesperson: "Yes we do, let me just get it for you"
He quickly dashed to the storeroom and got a Galaxy S6 without hearing me out. When he returned:
Salesperson: "Here is the phone"
I then told him that I wanted a Note 4 which we argued about because he felt that I should get an S6. Towards the end of the conversation he told me that he didn't have a Note 4 in stock, which I didn't believe so I just told him I will take my business elsewhere and left.

I went to another store and a similar thing happened:
Salesperson: "Yes we have the S6 in stock, everyone is getting it"
Me: "No, I would like a Note 4"
Salesperson: "Ok, I will get for you"
It ended a lot better here as he didn't try to push an S6 on me and actually told me that the Note 4 is his favourite between the two.

To conclude I would like to know if any of you have had salespeople assume you want a phone or had phones pushed on you?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, the lady at the Verizon store got all bitchy with me because I didn't want the edge up program. I said no, lady. That's that!

Galaxy S6

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Why were you just asking for a "black Galaxy"? Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for a black Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you may have had results (and less conversation) if you'd said, "Do you have the Note 4, in black?". With that there's no opportunity for them to misinterpret what they think you want. ...and I always like to deny folks the opportunity to do that.

📐He who controls the Spice controls the universe. The Spice must flow. n.Edge

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate it when they relentlessly attempt to sell you overpriced case, screen protectors, insurance, chargers, etc, etc, ad nauseum. "No sir, I'm just here to purchase the phone."

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also got my new Note 4 yesterday, making the decision after using an S6 a couple of times. I had no luck in stores though. Both Best Buy and a local corporate VZ store tried to get me to pay $299 for the contract upgrade. I bought it on Amazon instead for $229. This is where someone tells me I should have used Edge.

The BB deal on the S6 was pretty great though. While I went with the Note 4 because I didn't like a lot of things about the S6, I am getting an S6 for my wife.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Why were you just asking for a "black Galaxy"? Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for a black Note 4?

He was saying he couldnt even get the sentence out before they were pushing the s6.
Im lucky, the store i deal with is always good to me, been going there for years and there is no pressure when i am there. I spend my money there because of the service.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
He was saying he couldnt even get the sentence out before they were pushing the s6.
Im lucky, the store i deal with is always good to me, been going there for years and there is no pressure when i am there. I spend my money there because of the service.

Gotcha. Had to re-read it and now it makes sense.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Then after once he should know that and ask for Note 4 instead in the other store. Kind of hard to believe two store will just stop listening to you and run to the back of the store as soon as you say galaxy. They will probably ask follow up questions like storage, are you an existing customer etc. Sounds like a nice made up story.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Then after once he should know that and ask for Note 4 instead in the other store. Kind of hard to believe two store will just stop listening to you and run to the back of the store as soon as you say galaxy. They will probably ask follow up questions like storage, are you an existing customer etc. Sounds like a nice made up story.

Firstly, what can I possibly gain by making up a story like this? I'm just telling my experience. To answer your second query, in my country everyone knows that we are only getting the 32GB versions for both S6 phones until June so why should he ask?. To answer your third query, I bought the phone prepaid (cash) at a Samsung store and at least where I come from, they only sell their phones prepaid, I don't think a manufacturer's store will support only a specific carrier that's why they only sell the international unlocked versions so I can't be an 'existing customer'.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my lovely Note 4 yesterday. Some very interesting things happened upon purchasing it. Firstly, when I asked the salesperson if they have a black Galaxy Note 4 in stock this is what happened...
Salesperson: "Yes we do, let me just get it for you"
He quickly dashed to the storeroom and got a Galaxy S6 without hearing me out. When he returned:
Salesperson: "Here is the phone"
I then told him that I wanted a Note 4 which we argued about because he felt that I should get an S6. Towards the end of the conversation he told me that he didn't have a Note 4 in stock, which I didn't believe so I just told him I will take my business elsewhere and left.

I went to another store and a similar thing happened:
Salesperson: "Yes we have the S6 in stock, everyone is getting it"
Me: "No, I would like a Note 4"
Salesperson: "Ok, I will get for you"
It ended a lot better here as he didn't try to push an S6 on me and actually told me that the Note 4 is his favourite between the two.

To conclude I would like to know if any of you have had salespeople assume you want a phone or had phones pushed on you?

It's sounds to me like you where trying to start a fight why in the world wouldn't you ask for the galaxy s6 instead of just saying galaxy you do realize there's 8 different black galaxy phones so your point Makes no sense. Next time just ask for what you want in full

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Firstly, what can I possibly gain by making up a story like this? I'm just telling my experience. To answer your second query, in my country everyone knows that we are only getting the 32GB versions for both S6 phones until June so why should he ask?. To answer your third query, I bought the phone prepaid (cash) at a Samsung store and at least where I come from, they only sell their phones prepaid, I don't think a manufacturer's store will support only a specific carrier that's why they only sell the international unlocked versions so I can't be an 'existing customer'.

They could gave been in a rush. They probably had 50 people come in there before you wanting the S6 and were assuming you were wanting the same since it literally just released to stores. That's like going to the Apple store on the iPhone 6 launch day and asking for a 5S. While it may have been rude for them to cut you off like that, it probably wouldn't have hurt to be a little more specific from the start. "Yeah hey do you any Note 4s in stock?"

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I know right ether that are he was trying to be an *** I tell you some people have to much time on their hands

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
It's sounds to me like you where trying to start a fight why in the world wouldn't you ask for the galaxy s6 instead of just saying galaxy you do realize there's 8 different black galaxy phones so your point Makes no sense. Next time just ask for what you want in full

I was going to say black galaxy note 4 but the guy just cut me off. I know there are lots of Galaxy phones around.