View Poll Results: Will you be returning your S6?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm definitely keeping it.

60 69.77%
  • Yes, I'm definitely returning it.

12 13.95%
  • I'm not sure (Still on the fence)

14 16.28%
06-01-2015 11:29 PM
376 1234 ...
tools
    I'm definitely keeping it! I was holding out because I was concerned about the battery life, but my Tmobile gs6 has gotten 24 hours with mixed use for 2 full charges, so I am going to finish making the switch from att and will be trading in my gs5 to tmobile.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 09:05 PM
    Returning mine. The auto brightness is just too aggressive and makes the screen too dim, especially when compared to my Note 4.

I like the size and the premium feel. And TouchWiz has never really bothered me. Oh, and the awesome camera. But in the end it hard to leave the Note 4 for any phone. I'm sure I will pick up another S6 in a couple months though.

04-13-2015 09:14 PM
    So, what are the reasons for the 5% in favor of returning it? Just curious...
    I'm struggling with battery life and the constant struggle of finding what's causing things to worsen. I thought I had it figured out when it drained only 3% last night. Then today my battery stats stopped working. Now they are working again and my cell standby drain is back.
    04-13-2015 10:35 PM
    Unfortunately I'll be returning mine. But, I've returned almost every phone recently for one reason or another Moto x 2014 for the poor camera. The Note 4 because I initially felt it was too big, But now I've decided I actually prefer larger screens 5.5 inch minimum. So I'll either go back to the Note 4 or perhaps the G4. Those restocking fee's do hurt though.
    04-13-2015 11:00 PM
    Unfortunately I'll be returning mine. But, I've returned almost every phone recently for one reason or another Moto x 2014 for the poor camera. The Note 4 because I initially felt it was too big, But now I've decided I actually prefer larger screens 5.5 inch minimum. So I'll either go back to the Note 4 or perhaps the G4. Those restocking fee's do hurt though.
    Who is your carrier?
    04-13-2015 11:33 PM
    Switched from the Droid Turbo, such a massive improvement. Loving the S6.
    04-13-2015 11:39 PM
    I'm keeping mine, really enjoy it. I edged up with Verizon and since I bought from Best Buy, I still have my M8 for a week until I mail it in. I have to say though, while the M8 is far from perfect, despite what people would have you believe, there isn't a night and day difference in day to day usage vs phones that were out just a year ago. The M8 has a great screen, I think feels better in the hand, and is plenty fast. The S6 Edge is also great phone but if I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, I would have no problem keeping the M8. That said, if your phone is 2 or more years old, it's a big improvement.
    04-13-2015 11:47 PM
    Not unless something crazy happens in the next 19 days.............Otherwise i'm keeping the Platinum Gold Edge!!!
    You have a gold phone already ?? Wow how'd you pull that off

04-14-2015 02:46 AM
    I'm struggling with battery life and the constant struggle of finding what's causing things to worsen. I thought I had it figured out when it drained only 3% last night. Then today my battery stats stopped working. Now they are working again and my cell standby drain is back.
    When are you seeing the large cell stand by battery drain? Is it at home or at work? And what is your cell signal strength? I believe you might have a low cell signal which is causing the battery drain. If you install the app called GSam, it will show these numbers so you can diagnose the problem better.
    04-14-2015 07:15 AM
    When are you seeing the large cell stand by battery drain? Is it at home or at work? And what is your cell signal strength? I believe you might have a low cell signal which is causing the battery drain. If you install the app called GSam, it will show these numbers so you can diagnose the problem better.
    I'm seeing Cell Standby battery drain the minute I return home and go on Wi-Fi. I can watch the Cell Standby usage time go second by second if I refresh. It's on nonstop when I'm on Wi-Fi. I have 4 bars LTE at home in a very populated area of Los Angeles with band 12 implemented already. My cell standby at 8 hours of work was 2 minutes 12 seconds. Last night overnight it was 8 hours 20 minutes (as I slept and was on Wi-Fi) for 8 hours 20 minutes. My battery drained 26% overnight.

If I turn off Wi-Fi it solves the problem but I don't to have to sacrifice the ability to use Wi-Fi.
    04-14-2015 08:45 AM
    Returning mine. The auto brightness is just too aggressive and makes the screen too dim, especially when compared to my Note 4.

I like the size and the premium feel. And TouchWiz has never really bothered me. Oh, and the awesome camera. But in the end it hard to leave the Note 4 for any phone. I'm sure I will pick up another S6 in a couple months though.

Why do you just turn off auto brightness and control it manually to your liking? Seems strange to return it just for that issue especially since you said you're probably going to get another one in a few months again. That doesnt really make any sense.
    04-14-2015 09:03 AM
    Keeping mine. Really liking it so far. But just for kicks yesterday I put my sim back in my iPhone 6 and used it for a few hours. I cant lie I do miss the smoothness and optimization of iOS. Standby time is also incredible. Only dropping 1% overnight with wifi on. Never really have to tinker and worry about what apps/services are killing the battery. But overall im satisfied with the S6. I'm past my return period anyway lol
    basurtoisaac and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-14-2015 09:09 AM
    My percentage chance of retiring it went up from 5% to about 40% in the last 12 hours. If this Wi-Fi bug on T-Mobile isn't fixed by day 14 I may have to return it and revisit this phone if/when the issue is fixed. Not to mention my fingerprint scanner is getting worse by the day.
    04-14-2015 09:22 AM
    I love everything except the battery life. I've done all of the recommended settings and I still can't make it through a day with light/moderate use. However, it does charge very quickly. So I'm just not sure. I am going to give it the full 14 days and probably will do a factory reset this weekend. I will be pretty heartbroken if I can't get the battery to last a day.
    04-14-2015 09:42 AM
    You have a gold phone already ?? Wow how'd you pull that off

Preordered the day it was available and paid for overnight shipping. Received it yesterday and it is beautiful
    04-14-2015 09:52 AM
    Keeping mine. Really liking it so far. But just for kicks yesterday I put my sim back in my iPhone 6 and used it for a few hours. I cant lie I do miss the smoothness and optimization of iOS. Standby time is also incredible. Only dropping 1% overnight with wifi on. Never really have to tinker and worry about what apps/services are killing the battery. But overall im satisfied with the S6. I'm past my return period anyway lol
    I did the same thing yesterday and I gotta say my iphone offers a slightly better experience than the S6. The fluidity is unmatchable and not having to worry about which apps I should disable is a big plus. I still think the s6 has the better design though.
    Coney718 and Analyss14 like this.
    04-14-2015 10:00 AM
    Preordered the day it was available and paid for overnight shipping. Received it yesterday and it is beautiful
    Is it as bad, at showing fingerprints, as the demo unites at AT&T and Best Buy?

That's one of the reasons why, I went with the Black Sapphire, for right now. However, I still have a pre order with Verizon, for the gold 128gb edge. I'm still trying to decide if, I stay with this one, or return it and get the gold one.

If possible, can you please post a few pictures of the phone? Thanks.

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!
    04-14-2015 10:09 AM
    I may return it ONLY if the 128gb option comes out by next Friday. I really wanted that size storage but it wasn't available at the time of my purchase. Love this phone!!!

J
    04-14-2015 10:40 AM
    yes returning....i decided i'm going back to my relatively new nexus 6.
    3 reason...
    1st for me is the battery. i can't believe i am writing this but my n6 with the 5.1 update out performs my s6! as a power user i can get through the day w my n6 but with the s6 i have been having to charge early afternoon and then 8-9pm...same thing. I also have a iph 6+ which is in a different league all together. but knowing what i spent on the 64gb s6 and seeing how my other two devices work is bumming me out.
    2nd is the subjective but for me the sound quality of the n6 is superior as well. i do not mean just the front facing speakers which are obvious, but the base and tones, volumes, and through all my bluetooth and wired headphones.
    3rd...and i knew this going in is touch wiz/carrier bloat. I know all you can do w launchers, blah...but I am spoiled by nexus stock android and even how iOS does not allow carriers to alter.

I will say..if they solve the battery (#1) and samsung gets some balls and sells the s6 unlocked on their website (like htc)...or even better if they offer a google play edition i will be all over this phone again...the camera is that good!
    04-14-2015 11:49 AM
    Now today, my cell standby is going up despite being on Cellular Data...

wth
    04-14-2015 12:55 PM
    This is the best phone I have ever used. It's fast, camera is amazing, feels like a dream in the hand.
    After having this device for 6-7 days now. I couldn't care less what phones are released the rest of the year.
    I have no plans to sell and get a new phone (like I normally do) within the next 6-9 months.
    I am running stock, out of the box software, touchwiz and all, and I am in love with it. Touchwiz is sooooo much better now.
    (I did disable around 15-20 apps I don't want or use)
    I have the S6 Edge. Best phone ever made. Battery life, for me, is Great. I get 18-20 hours off charger, every single day and have 30-40% left at the end of the day. I charge mine when I get home at night, take it off charger, use as alarm clock, use it all day at work and recharge again when I get home. Making sure I use Full battery cycles instead of leaving it on charger for 6-8 hours while I sleep.
    Perfect phone. Others can hate all they want. Won't change my opinion of this phone one bit. Perfection.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-14-2015 01:44 PM
    I did the same thing yesterday and I gotta say my iphone offers a slightly better experience than the S6. The fluidity is unmatchable and not having to worry about which apps I should disable is a big plus. I still think the s6 has the better design though.
    While i can see this being completely true, iOS is just way too restrictive and lack of customization hurts my overall experience personally. But if we're talking STRICTLY/ONLY performance, i can agree as an outsider who didnt use an iPhone 6 but my wife has a 5S. If iOS offered some customization options itd be a different story for me.
    04-14-2015 01:51 PM
    While i can see this being completely true, iOS is just way too restrictive and lack of customization hurts my overall experience personally. But if we're talking STRICTLY/ONLY performance, i can agree as an outsider who didnt use an iPhone 6 but my wife has a 5S. If iOS offered some customization options itd be a different story for me.
    Agreed. As much as I love the performance of iOS software it was just too restrictive for me. Since i've had my S6 I've downloaded all different types of music from various sites, run my torrent apps, downloaded and saved Youtube videos for offline viewing, converted youtube audio to mp3 for music just to name a few. All things I could never do on the iPhone (unless it was jailbroken). I was just waiting for right android phone to come along (the S5 and Note 4 didnt do it for me) and the S6 is it.
    chezm, racedog and mountainman like this.
    04-14-2015 03:25 PM
    I've had the Edge for 3 days now. The first two days it ran great. However this morning, when I unplugged it, it was hot. It wasn't long that I realized my battery was dropping way faster than it was predicting
    Is anyone returning their S6?-2015-04-14-14.50.07.jpg

The battery was dead in a little over three hours with minimal usage. I've shut off google location even though i shouldn't have too since this never happened on my s4. I've also put the screen on at about 20%. To me these set ups are not an acceptable solution. Also, I keep getting "youtube has stopped" prompts, except they aren't always for youtube. Also, this thing is running WAY too hot and it's getting slower.

I am a huge supporter of galaxy but this is completely unacceptable. Is there something wrong with this individual phone? I'd like to take it back and exchange it for a new one, but not if there is something wrong with the phone in general.
    04-14-2015 03:56 PM
    I love my S6 edge 64gb, white, but I'm returning it because of something Verizon did. The feature to "Enable Web Sign In" using the finger print scanner has been removed by Verizon. It's available on the AT&T version so I might switch, but I like Verizon and I hate to switch carriers over a phone feature. I just don't want to get locked into a two year contract if they never reinstate the feature.
    04-14-2015 03:58 PM
376 1234 ...