Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

basurtoisaac

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting an average of 17 hrs with my S6, and that's with the WiFi on all day. What I did do, was turn off Google Location History and adjust the brightness level to be about 1/3 from full. I've been using my S6 almost constantly. So, I'm surprised to see only 9 hrs of battery life.

How do you turn off Google location history?

PFD664

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I love my S6, day 3 and I've got 67% battery still available after 12 hrs of moderate use. Wireless charging is awesome, display brightness is great indoors and outdoors, camera. Everything I was hoping for and more...big improvement over my GS3

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping it! I was holding out because I was concerned about the battery life, but my Tmobile gs6 has gotten 24 hours with mixed use for 2 full charges, so I am going to finish making the switch from att and will be trading in my gs5 to tmobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Returning mine. The auto brightness is just too aggressive and makes the screen too dim, especially when compared to my Note 4.

I like the size and the premium feel. And TouchWiz has never really bothered me. Oh, and the awesome camera. But in the end it hard to leave the Note 4 for any phone. I'm sure I will pick up another S6 in a couple months though.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So, what are the reasons for the 5% in favor of returning it? Just curious...

I'm struggling with battery life and the constant struggle of finding what's causing things to worsen. I thought I had it figured out when it drained only 3% last night. Then today my battery stats stopped working. Now they are working again and my cell standby drain is back.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I'll be returning mine. But, I've returned almost every phone recently for one reason or another Moto x 2014 for the poor camera. The Note 4 because I initially felt it was too big, But now I've decided I actually prefer larger screens 5.5 inch minimum. So I'll either go back to the Note 4 or perhaps the G4. Those restocking fee's do hurt though.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I'll be returning mine. But, I've returned almost every phone recently for one reason or another Moto x 2014 for the poor camera. The Note 4 because I initially felt it was too big, But now I've decided I actually prefer larger screens 5.5 inch minimum. So I'll either go back to the Note 4 or perhaps the G4. Those restocking fee's do hurt though.

Who is your carrier?

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping mine, really enjoy it. I edged up with Verizon and since I bought from Best Buy, I still have my M8 for a week until I mail it in. I have to say though, while the M8 is far from perfect, despite what people would have you believe, there isn't a night and day difference in day to day usage vs phones that were out just a year ago. The M8 has a great screen, I think feels better in the hand, and is plenty fast. The S6 Edge is also great phone but if I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, I would have no problem keeping the M8. That said, if your phone is 2 or more years old, it's a big improvement.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm struggling with battery life and the constant struggle of finding what's causing things to worsen. I thought I had it figured out when it drained only 3% last night. Then today my battery stats stopped working. Now they are working again and my cell standby drain is back.
When are you seeing the large cell stand by battery drain? Is it at home or at work? And what is your cell signal strength? I believe you might have a low cell signal which is causing the battery drain. If you install the app called GSam, it will show these numbers so you can diagnose the problem better.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
When are you seeing the large cell stand by battery drain? Is it at home or at work? And what is your cell signal strength? I believe you might have a low cell signal which is causing the battery drain. If you install the app called GSam, it will show these numbers so you can diagnose the problem better.

I'm seeing Cell Standby battery drain the minute I return home and go on Wi-Fi. I can watch the Cell Standby usage time go second by second if I refresh. It's on nonstop when I'm on Wi-Fi. I have 4 bars LTE at home in a very populated area of Los Angeles with band 12 implemented already. My cell standby at 8 hours of work was 2 minutes 12 seconds. Last night overnight it was 8 hours 20 minutes (as I slept and was on Wi-Fi) for 8 hours 20 minutes. My battery drained 26% overnight.

If I turn off Wi-Fi it solves the problem but I don't to have to sacrifice the ability to use Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Returning mine. The auto brightness is just too aggressive and makes the screen too dim, especially when compared to my Note 4.

I like the size and the premium feel. And TouchWiz has never really bothered me. Oh, and the awesome camera. But in the end it hard to leave the Note 4 for any phone. I'm sure I will pick up another S6 in a couple months though.

Why do you just turn off auto brightness and control it manually to your liking? Seems strange to return it just for that issue especially since you said you're probably going to get another one in a few months again. That doesnt really make any sense.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Keeping mine. Really liking it so far. But just for kicks yesterday I put my sim back in my iPhone 6 and used it for a few hours. I cant lie I do miss the smoothness and optimization of iOS. Standby time is also incredible. Only dropping 1% overnight with wifi on. Never really have to tinker and worry about what apps/services are killing the battery. But overall im satisfied with the S6. I'm past my return period anyway lol

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My percentage chance of retiring it went up from 5% to about 40% in the last 12 hours. If this Wi-Fi bug on T-Mobile isn't fixed by day 14 I may have to return it and revisit this phone if/when the issue is fixed. Not to mention my fingerprint scanner is getting worse by the day.

Last edited:

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I love everything except the battery life. I've done all of the recommended settings and I still can't make it through a day with light/moderate use. However, it does charge very quickly. So I'm just not sure. I am going to give it the full 14 days and probably will do a factory reset this weekend. I will be pretty heartbroken if I can't get the battery to last a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty