Galaxy S6/S6 Edge battery replacements only costs $45 and can be done in one business day

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Good news indeed...not expensive at all!

A Samsung spokesperson told PCMag that the Galaxy S6 and S6 battery has a one-year warranty so the company will replace it for free if the maximum capacity falls below 80 percent of its initial level during the first year. However before Samsung extends that courtesy the battery’s capacity will have to be verified at a service center. At any other time it will cost customers $45 plus shipping to replace the battery, Samsung’s walk-in repair center in Plano, Texas can get it done for customers on the same day they bring their device in. The company is looking to establish more of these repair centers across the United States.

This is how much it will cost customers in the US to get the battery on their Galaxy S6 and S6 edge replaced. Samsung likely has similar pricing for replacements in other markets around the globe, though it will depend on the market itself whether the company operates repair centers that offer same-day swaps or not.

Galaxy S6 and S6 edge battery replacement costs $45 and can be done in one business day - SamMobile

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Too bad they didn't leave well enough alone. The S5 battery is $10, can be replaced by the user in about 45 seconds and has more capacity.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Wow...not bad at all. Very fair of Samsung and gives me much more confidence about the sealed battery.

That said, doubt many of us will have the S6 long enough to notice any battery degradation...I'm sure we'll all be onto the S7 or S8 by then! ;)

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Too bad they didn't leave well enough alone. The S5 battery is $10, can be replaced by the user in about 45 seconds and has more capacity.

They did away with well enough but compensated with many hardware upgrade in my opinion.
How many phones go from bottom of the pack in many aspects to top of the pack with just ONE generation?

Also I live near the plano and hurst service centers and can attest they do repairs same day (I used the Hurst service center). Usually within 1.5 hours. They replaced the assembly/OLED screen on my Note 3 due to a defective digitizer (began ungluing). In the hurst service center their technicians work in front of you, nothing is hidden and your phone isn't taken to the backroom. Very professional.
The phone had been dropped several times, and has been rooted/flashed with a custom rom, they didn't care.

$45 for the battery is a great deal considering iPhone 6 costs $79, and HTC would require you to use up your Uh Oh protection.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty