Bad battery life on Galaxy s6

Hamza Qadeer

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I've tried disabling VoLTE and WiFi scanning, but my battery life is still bad. I'm at 25% with less than three hours of screen time. Cell standby has used 30 percent of the battery, and I've been on WiFi this entire time. Is this normal? Is something draining my battery, or did I just get a defective unit?
Thanks. Here's a screen shot. 141.jpg

Edit: I'm on at&t

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've tried disabling VoLTE and WiFi scanning, but my battery life is still bad. I'm at 25% with less than three hours of screen time. Cell standby has used 30 percent of the battery, and I've been on WiFi this entire time. Is this normal? Is something draining my battery, or did I just get a defective unit?
Thanks. Here's a screen shot. View attachment 172564

Edit: I'm on at&t

I'd advice you to follow my suggestions and try doing a Wipe Cache partition on the recovery menu (Look for how to get there) and after you do that verify that you have also turned off Smart Network and scanning Always Available, both of them on the Wifi Settings menu.

If after that you still see the same I'd suggest you to make a full backup with Samsung's Smart Switch App for PC or MAC and go to Recovery menu again and do the Wipe Cache Partition and then the Wipe Data/Full reset, once it reboots and you set your initial stuff turn off the above wifi settings plus turn off Wifi Calling and VoLTE until you really need them, do a restore of the data you backed up with Smart Switch and see what happens.

Also, now that our Galaxy S6/edge for some unknown reason doesn't have the Battery graph anymore where we can see how the phone behaves and for how long it's been kept awake, I think it's a most to install something like GSAM battery Monitor and when this thing occurs you can go deeper into what exactly and what app is causing the phone to stay awake and draining your battery.

Install that give it a full charge and go from there, then post screenshots of the most important things so we can see them and try to help you.