S6 or Note 4?

thezeke

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm undecided right now and looking for advice ... I'm going to return my iPhone 6+ to sprint tomorrow and get either the s6 or Note 4....

I like both phones and size. Can anyone tell me if they've had experience with both and which one you went with and why? I spent about a half hour in the sprint store today banging my head leaving torn....

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm undecided right now and looking for advice ... I'm going to return my iPhone 6+ to sprint tomorrow and get either the s6 or Note 4....

I like both phones and size. Can anyone tell me if they've had experience with both and which one you went with and why? I spent about a half hour in the sprint store today banging my head leaving torn....

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

If you post on the S6 Forum, expect to get lots of love for the S6! :) I have an S6 edge and an iPhone 6 Plus and my wife has the Note 4 so I have experience with all of them. The S6 is a brilliant device. I think the best phone ever built to date. It's the PERFECT size for a phone...not too big, not too small. One handed operation is no problem. The screen is incredible, the fingerprint scanner amazing and TouchWiz is hugely improved.

Biggest advantages of the Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus is battery life. Some people on the Forums are getting nearly as good battery life on the S6 as their Note 3's, but the Note 4 is a step up again in battery life. My wife hasn't tweaked a single thing and easily gets all day battery life on her Note 4 with heavy use, and winds up the day with 50% battery still left over. But, of course, the Note 4 (and iPhone) are much bigger devices so that's the trade-off.

Note 4 will give you removable battery and a SD card slot, so if those things are important to you, then consider that. To me, the S6 represents the next generation in phones that don't need replaceable batteries (because battery life is sufficient) or SD Cards (because you can get up to 128 GB on the device).

Last HUGE advantages of the S6 are fast charging (it's truly remarkable) and build quality (best build quality of any phone I've ever seen). I say go for the S6!!

Either decision you make, though, is a good one. Both terrific devices, for sure!!!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you need a phone with great battery, go with the Note 4. Otherwise the S6 is probably going to be a better choice for you

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Get a Note Edge, best of both will a REAL edge screen. Better battery than the S6 bit less than the Note 4. They all have fast charging.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you post on the S6 Forum, expect to get lots of love for the S6! :) I have an S6 edge and an iPhone 6 Plus and my wife has the Note 4 so I have experience with all of them. The S6 is a brilliant device. I think the best phone ever built to date. It's the PERFECT size for a phone...not too big, not too small. One handed operation is no problem. The screen is incredible, the fingerprint scanner amazing and TouchWiz is hugely improved.

Biggest advantages of the Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus is battery life. Some people on the Forums are getting nearly as good battery life on the S6 as their Note 3's, but the Note 4 is a step up again in battery life. My wife hasn't tweaked a single thing and easily gets all day battery life on her Note 4 with heavy use, and winds up the day with 50% battery still left over. But, of course, the Note 4 (and iPhone) are much bigger devices so that's the trade-off.

Note 4 will give you removable battery and a SD card slot, so if those things are important to you, then consider that. To me, the S6 represents the next generation in phones that don't need replaceable batteries (because battery life is sufficient) or SD Cards (because you can get up to 128 GB on the device).

Last HUGE advantages of the S6 are fast charging (it's truly remarkable) and build quality (best build quality of any phone I've ever seen). I say go for the S6!!

Either decision you make, though, is a good one. Both terrific devices, for sure!!!

This. But I will say after some tweaks I am getting battery life similar to your wife's note 4.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I was faced with this same choice recently.

Clearly, the S6 has many compelling features over the Note 4, including:
  • Smaller form factor
  • Enhanced industrial design
  • Faster-launching front and rear cameras with somewhat faster lens
  • Reworked fingerprint sensor (touch instead of swipe)
  • Faster 64 bit processor
  • Faster memory
  • Repositioned speaker
  • Built-in wireless charging

Of course, the Note 4 also has some advantages over the S6, including:
  • Essentially the same screen, but larger...and amazing
  • User-replaceable battery ($10 and takes less than a minute)
  • Larger battery that provides true all-day use
  • SD card support, allowing you to expand memory over time as SD card prices drop...or have multiple SD cards for trips, shooting 4K video, etc.
  • Stylus, for a range of functions, including making copy/cut/paste and text editing far easier
  • Rugged (non-shatterable) removable/replaceable back that is curved for comfort and provides a better gripping surface than a flat slick glass back

In addition, while the S6's camera is probably the best you can get on a phone currently, the Note 4's is very close. It is essentially the same hardware with OIS, but with a somewhat slower lens. The Note 4's processor is also no slouch...and Samsung's claim that the S6's processor is power-efficient remains to be seen. You can also add wireless charging to the Note 4 easily, but you may not need to because the Note 4 also supports fast charging...and comes bundled with the adaptive fast charger.

So what is best for any one person is based on their priorities. If you prioritize industrial design and smaller size, the S6 is the clear winner. If you want the latest thing and the best specs, the S6 wins again. If instead you want a larger screen, the Note 4 is the clear winner...as it is if you want a user-replaceable battery and SD card support....or a battery that will last through pretty much any day. A phone's specs mean squat when the battery is dead.

So what did I buy? See if you can guess ;)

kArsdbz.png

One last point - if you need to wrap your sexy, small and slim phone in a case because you are worried about shattering a non-functional piece of glass on the back, your phone is no longer sexy, small or slim. You have also just hidden most of its industrial design from view.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If you're OK with the size of the Note 4 I'd suggest it mainly because for almost the same price you get a bigger screen, removable battery, SD card and most of the bells abs whistles of S6.

Posted via S6

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If the Note 4 is on your list, you may just want to wait for the Note 5 in the fall, it will very likely greatly improve upon itself give the S6 updates, but like you I sent my 6+ packing and opted for the S6 128GB White Pearl, while I truly appreciate the extra screen size of the Note Series, I just need a phone that fits my pocket better and has more built in storage out of the gate. I have an iPad Air 2 for the large screen and may opt for an iPad Mini 3 for something bigger than a Note Series but more manageable than an iPad Air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress