10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The S6 looks like an S5 with a glass and metal finish IMO. The only thing I find drastically different is the pertruding camera lens. And yes you're correct on the different versions of the G4.

Posted via the Android Central App

The regular S6 looks derivative like every other Galaxy S device. There's no denying that. It's got a generic, functional look. Nothing stylish about it, but we can't have it all I guess

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think we're all getting along pretty well here, and certainly haven't done anything to be policed. I've noticed you seem to hand out more warnings than any other mod, especially recently.

Different moderators have different styles and different areas that they hang out in. Some work more behind the scenes, while others use the system for official warnings and infractions more. I like to send people PM's and post in threads unless someone is really crossing the line. I've noticed that you either haven't read or are choosing to ignore the rules. This is the second time in one thread where you're calling out an ambassador or moderator. This may be a good time to do give those rules a read. PM me or Paul627g if you have any questions or further commentary that you need to get off of your chest.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You are being a little bit dramatic about things. Do you really think every smartphone needs a FP sensor to compete with the S6? ...

Yes. It was the deciding factor for me to not wait on the G4. That and the slower processor and the fact that the S6E in Gold is a sexy beast.

But in answer to your question, which I think you thought was rhetorical, yes, it is critical to many. I use LastPass a lot and I have to say having biometric access is an absolute killer feature that I will not give up. Had the G4 had it, I would have waited.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hold an S6 Edge and see if you still feel the same way. You can tell a major difference when holding either device from the S5, but the Samsung logo/speaker/front facing camera and the physical home button make it look like a Galaxy phone. That's it, though, and it's by design. They made huge strides in their design this year, especially with the Edge, and the results have been very positive.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Couldn't have said it better. Doesn't sound like the poster has any hands-on experience with the device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hold an S6 Edge and see if you still feel the same way. You can tell a major difference when holding either device from the S5, but the Samsung logo/speaker/front facing camera and the physical home button make it look like a Galaxy phone. That's it, though, and it's by design. They made huge strides in their design this year, especially with the Edge, and the results have been very positive.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

I looked at the Edge at best buy, but I didn't like it. It seems pointless and while it certainly looks different, I don't think it looks good.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the Edge at best buy, but I didn't like it. It seems pointless and while it certainly looks different, I don't think it looks good.
I was considering buying the S6, played with both S6 and S6 Edge at Best Buy and was extremely disappointed. Both phones seem way to light and fragile, as in Samsungs of the past, and that protruding camera lens was nuts. And the gold was a fingerprint magnet and reflective as heck. It was almost blinding with those bright lights in the store. IMO it didn't look anywhere as nice in person as it did in the pictures. Ended up getting an M8 instead and couldn't be happier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was considering buying the S6, played with both S6 and S6 Edge at Best Buy and was extremely disappointed. Both phones seem way to light and fragile, as in Samsungs of the past, and that protruding camera lens was nuts. And the gold was a fingerprint magnet and reflective as heck. It was almost blinding with those bright lights in the store. IMO it didn't look anywhere as nice in person as it did in the pictures. Ended up getting an M8 instead and couldn't be happier.

I can say my black one doesn't show fingerprints nearly as bad as I thought it would.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I can say my black one doesn't show fingerprints nearly as bad as I thought it would.

The gold one was really a fingerprint magnet. Plus I like the phone to have a little more weight. :)

To each their own. I'm sure the S6 is a great phone. Just not for me. There are a lot of good choices these days. I went back and bought an M8 because I didn't care for the S6 and read about all the battery and heat issues with the M9. In my opinion the M8 is still the best android phone on the market over a year after release. YMMV.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The gold one was really a fingerprint magnet. Plus I like the phone to have a little more weight. :)

To each their own. I'm sure the S6 is a great phone. Just not for me. There are a lot of good choices these days. I went back and bought an M8 because I didn't care for the S6 and read about all the battery and heat issues with the M9. In my opinion the M8 is still the best android phone on the market over a year after release. YMMV.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S6,HTC-One-M8/phones/8997,8242

M8 not even close.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would put the G3, G4, Note 4, moto x 13, moto x 14, nexus 5, nexus 6, m9 and possibly iPhone 6+ above the m8.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I would put the G3, G4, Note 4, moto x 13, moto x 14, nexus 5, nexus 6, m9 and possibly iPhone 6+ above the m8.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
LG phones are hideous looking and oversized for me. Note 4, nexus 6, iPhone 6+ are oversized phablets. I don't need to carry around a tablet in my pocket. M9 has battery isssues, overheating and camera issues. Let's see you get this kind of battery life on an M9. Moto X horrible battery life.

Screenshot_2015-05-12-10-39-23.jpg

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Dang that ain't bad. Can you take a screenshot of the details? I an curious how much it woke up in that time frame.
That was from this morning, I have charged it up since then. Battery life on the M8 has been excellent for me. Lollipop 5.0.1 on Verizon. Like I said, not trashing any other phones...obviously we all think our phone is the best or we wouldn't have bought it. :) But I'm very happy with the M8.
Edit: Here are some screen shots from a few days ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-49-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-49-12.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-51-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-51-04.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-51-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-51-10.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 28

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
That was from this morning, I have charged it up since then. Battery life on the M8 has been excellent for me. Lollipop 5.0.1 on Verizon. Like I said, not trashing any other phones...obviously we all think our phone is the best or we wouldn't have bought it. :) But I'm very happy with the M8.
Edit: Here are some screen shots from a few days ago.

Very nice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer