What's the secret to putting on/taking off some cases?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Caseolgy case and its very nice but it was a bear to put on and take off. Today I tried on a Speck Candyshell Grip and it also was tough to put on. I don't want to damage my S6 taking these cases off and putting them back on to clean the entire phone once and a while.

Has anyone actually damaged their phone doing so?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. One of the criteria is the ease of putting a case an taking it off. Before taking it off, make sure to do it on a stable surface. Clean off the device before putting it on. The Defender is easy to out on and take off for keeping the device clean.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Excellent post and something that needs to be discussed more IMO. I bought and returned a Caseology case, in part, because of this issue. I had the same fear with a Spigen case. While it's possible to put these cases on the phones, it's often next to impossible to remove them without seriously torquing the phone. So much so that you really do have to wonder if you'll damage the phone in trying to wrestle some of these cases off. This is one of the reasons I'm so happy with the Ringke Slim case. It has little cuts at each corner of the case that allows for stress relief and easy removal from the phone while still providing a tight fit while on the phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I usually start by putting the bottom of the phone on the case, then working my way up from the sides to the top. I don't you will damage the phone unless you slam it with your hand or something.

The Spigen Ultra Hybrid case is kind of difficult to remove, but I doubt it will damage the phone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
it's often next to impossible to remove them without seriously torquing the phone. So much so that you really do have to wonder if you'll damage the phone in trying to wrestle some of these cases off.
Which is a point in favor of the Defender - you're putting torque (and not much) on the case itself, none at all on the phone. Once the case is open, the phone just falls out (or you lift it out) - there's nothing keeping it in there.